The NEW Guild of Messengers Pub

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: The NEW Guild of Messengers Pub

Postby Doobes » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:41 pm

The GoW is gearing up for an update to Gehn Shard...and similarly, I'm getting updates and bug fixes ready for the GoMe Pub.

Show Spoiler

And a few more surprises are in store as well.

:D
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby Annabelle » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:51 pm

Doobes wrote:And a few more surprises are in store as well.

Let me complete your unfinished sentence ;)

And a few more surprises are in store as well like, for example, the new accesses to the storage room under the stairs. :lol:
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Acorn » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:05 am

Doobes wrote: I'm getting updates and bug fixes ready for the GoMe Pub.

these look great, Doobes :D
Acorn

Postby Ehren » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:12 pm

Doobes wrote:The GoW is gearing up for an update to Gehn Shard...and similarly, I'm getting updates and bug fixes ready for the GoMe Pub.

In this case, it looks like the timing works out, but... Isn't it possible for an age's files to be updated without having to line up with when the build is updated?

Yet I don't think I've ever seen an age updated on a MOUL-based shard (Gehn, TOC) without it also being at the same time as a new build. So I'm really wondering if that's done out of necessity or just convenience. I hope (and have assumed) the latter, but I can't be certain. It would be nice to know for sure.
Ehren

Postby Doobes » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:20 pm

Ehren wrote:So I'm really wondering if that's done out of necessity or just convenience. I hope (and have assumed) the latter, but I can't be certain. It would be nice to know for sure.

Convenience mostly. I'd rather not pester the GoW to push an update to the shard every time I changed a little something unless they were adding or fixing their own stuff too. To be fair to them, they have offered, but it was my decision to wait until shard updates to put out my own. They've got enough going on without me bugging them all the time. :P

I'd probably only insist on an urgent update if there was a catastrophic problem with any of my work, but those are usually caught in beta anyway.
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby Nev'yn » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:14 pm

Another option for developers to explore would be to set a change based on a delay via the server timecode. We're lookign into something like this for the holiday decorations, ect....but is still ways off. However, in theory, could be used by an Age developer to slowly release new content and age state changes.

Again, just a thought on my part....not sure how such techno-magic works in RL feasibility.
KI# 14883206 | "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander
(Note: Any comments or opinions, taken whole or in part, are mine and do not reflect the stance of GoMe.)
Nev'yn

Postby Deledrius » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:03 pm

Nev'yn wrote:Another option for developers to explore would be to set a change based on a delay via the server timecode. We're lookign into something like this for the holiday decorations, ect....but is still ways off. However, in theory, could be used by an Age developer to slowly release new content and age state changes.

Again, just a thought on my part....not sure how such techno-magic works in RL feasibility.

It's relatively easy to do.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Nev'yn » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:10 pm

Doobes-Alternate wrote: Magic and witchery, I tell you! Blessed are the followers of the Grower and hollowed are the written words of the Prophecies....

Oh, sorry...summoning Shards of Dreams there for a second. :D

Anys, I'm sure Doobes will find the info helpful, if he's not already researching the topic. ;)
KI# 14883206 | "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander
(Note: Any comments or opinions, taken whole or in part, are mine and do not reflect the stance of GoMe.)
Nev'yn

Postby Doobes » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:50 pm

I just sent the latest version of the Pub over to the Guild, so expect that in their next update! :)
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby Ehren » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:56 pm

It's been over 2 months since that post, but I'm not sure what happened with this.

I don't know how I'd find something that is sent over to "the Guild". But I assume that means it was made public somewhere.
Ehren

PreviousNext

Return to Building