The NEW Guild of Messengers Pub

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: The NEW Guild of Messengers Pub

Postby Jhon J. Jaguar » Fri May 30, 2014 1:06 pm

Very good job. Perfect Uru Style....I hope there are good drinks...LOL
CONGRATULATION !!! ;) :D :shock: :lol: :P
Jhon J. Jaguar

Postby Deledrius » Fri May 30, 2014 2:09 pm

Ehren wrote:I just though, does this advert bulletin board thing mean that the D'ni imagers (seen in some of the gallery pics) are actually being removed?

The restored imagers are also in the Pub and appear to be fully-functional.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Doobes » Fri May 30, 2014 2:24 pm

Deledrius wrote:
Ehren wrote:I just though, does this advert bulletin board thing mean that the D'ni imagers (seen in some of the gallery pics) are actually being removed?

The restored imagers are also in the Pub and appear to be fully-functional.

Yep. The bulletin boards, as well as one of the imagers on the main floor, will have permanent, unchangeable posts. The other imager on the main floor, as well as the one up in the conference room, are now able to receive KI posts thanks to our dedicated programmers. :)
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby Nev'yn » Sat May 31, 2014 10:07 am

When Doobes says unchanageable, he means "not changable between updates".

I'm sure content/posts might change slightly as the storyline of Lothias and GoMe develops, plus more materials are gathered from explorers for inclusion.

Besides, gotta' update the beverage specials. ;)
KI# 14883206 | "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander
(Note: Any comments or opinions, taken whole or in part, are mine and do not reflect the stance of GoMe.)
Nev'yn

Postby Doobes » Sat May 31, 2014 4:43 pm

Nev'yn wrote:When Doobes says unchanageable, he means "not changable between updates".

I'm sure content/posts might change slightly as the storyline of Lothias and GoMe develops, plus more materials are gathered from explorers for inclusion.

Besides, gotta' update the beverage specials. ;)

This. There will be minor changes and additions in future updates, but as far as the one imager, those changes will be "admin only". ;)
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby Ainia » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:38 am

Shorah Doobes!

I'm pleased to say I've managed to access the new GoMe pub and must say it is *awesome*!! :D

Regarding bug reports, I don't *think* these ones have been reported (though I might have missed them in the earlier posts here).

• In the link-in location by the planters (is that what they are??), some of the textures will disappear as I turn around in 3rd-person view, and I can suddenly hear the fountain on the other side of the wall

Wax on... Show Spoiler

Wax off... Show Spoiler

• In the same vein, I can see through a wall and floor from the same location in 3rd-person view

To my left... Show Spoiler

• The upstairs conference room door animations behave strangely when opening the doors from 1st-person view if I click on the high area of the hotspot; try it and you'll see what I mean ;)

The hotspot Show Spoiler

Edit: fixed typo in last bullet item
Last edited by Ainia on Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby janaba » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:39 am

Hi, Ainia, it is great that you've managed to get on the Gehn shard and be with us tonight for the party ... :D

As for the bugs you've reported, and it is good that you've added pictures, I would never report such occurrences as 'those bugs or glitches' however one might like to call them can be experienced in all of the fan ages as well as in Cyan's ages ... What I mean and what you've pointed out is the seeing through/behind walls/doors/buildings etc. when walking close by and/or turning around, esp. in 3rd person, and also sometimes whatever objects or even floors/walls/buildings partially vanishing for a moment when turning around or approaching those from a specific angle or so ... This seems to be sth usual in many virtual worlds and not easily to be avoided or eliminated if at all, but I might be wrong of course ... :P
janaba

Postby kaeebonrai » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:20 pm

No.. please *do* report these things - it can all be fixed. XD

Reporting bugs is an incredibly important XD If you don't report stuff? it'll never be fixed. *please* report any bugs you see. =)

Don't just assume its just a thing with virtual worlds. XD If it can't be fixed (the chances are fairly slim that it can't be) the response will say that - but if it can be? people now know about it, and can /fix/ it =)
kaeebonrai

Postby Doobes » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:52 am

kaeebonrai wrote:No.. please *do* report these things - it can all be fixed. XD

Reporting bugs is an incredibly important XD If you don't report stuff? it'll never be fixed. *please* report any bugs you see. =)

Don't just assume its just a thing with virtual worlds. XD If it can't be fixed (the chances are fairly slim that it can't be) the response will say that - but if it can be? people now know about it, and can /fix/ it =)

THIS. As I said at the party, pointing these things out can only make fan Ages better. :)
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby Annabelle » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:13 am

Some bugs should remain in any given virtual world. There was a "bug fix" in one of the recent available fan age and ... it destroyed completely the fun some explorers could have in that age.

And a bug for some might be just a feature for others. Seeing outside the box in 3D is just a nice feature in my mind.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

PreviousNext

Return to Building