The NEW Guild of Messengers Pub

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: The NEW Guild of Messengers Pub

Postby janaba » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:14 am

Doobes wrote:
kaeebonrai wrote:No.. please *do* report these things - it can all be fixed. XD
Reporting bugs is an incredibly important XD If you don't report stuff? it'll never be fixed. *please* report any bugs you see. =)
Don't just assume its just a thing with virtual worlds. XD If it can't be fixed (the chances are fairly slim that it can't be) the response will say that - but if it can be? people now know about it, and can /fix/ it =)

THIS. As I said at the party, pointing these things out can only make fan Ages better. :)

In general, of course, it is important to report all bugs, I am a tester and used to report bugs/glitches etc. as they occur to me, many times those have also to do with the client's own computer performance, so, not every bug appears as a bug for everyone, but nevertheless it is important for everyone experiencing those to report them to the developers to be able to provide quality to as many as possible computer architectures ... :P

What we were, or at least I was talking about were those specific 'glitches' described in my post above, prevalent everywhere in fan ages and Cyan ages and other computer games, I repeat

'What I mean and what you've pointed out is the seeing through/behind walls/doors/buildings etc. when walking close by and/or turning around, esp. in 3rd person, and also sometimes whatever objects or even floors/walls/buildings partially vanishing for a moment when turning around or approaching those from a specific angle or so ...'

I thought about this being a general issue of the whole basis or structure of whatever game, Uru/MOULa in this case, and thus not easily to be eliminated, but this is of course just a presumption from a layman's point of view ... In case that would be really possible to fix, every single one, now that would result in a very looong exploration tour and resp. list afterwards ... :)
janaba

Postby GPNMilano » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:41 pm

To fix the disappear issues one simply has to make the vis regions large enough to encompass the camera as it pans around the avatar and is blocked by the walls. Just like with soft regions that control sound, vis regions are based not on the actual avatar's location, but the camera location. So if you're in 3rd person, and the camera is behind you or to the side or wherever, and it's not inside the region itself, the soft region/vis region's affects are negated. So to fix these issues one simply has to make expand the region so that the camera will be inside of it, in both 3rd and 1st person, from multiple angles etc. So yeah, it's easy to fix but it requires the artist to go back in and change their age. Its doubtful these bugs will be fixed with the older Cyan and fan ages, but newer stuff like the Guild Pub where the artist is still around, its possible.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby Doobes » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:20 pm

I've taken into account everyone's input and a lot of things have been fixed already! Pretty much everything mentioned here, in fact...plus a few things I noticed myself when running around.

I've also made a few cosmetic changes based upon suggestions from others (*cough*WHILYAM*cough* :P ), so expect a few things to be different on that front as well.

Plus, I'm adding to the journal as we go to chronicle all this. Expect quite a bit with the next update, whenever that may be. ;)
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby Ehren » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:05 pm

When I really look over it in detail, I think the Nexus book holder looks a bit odd.

The left section (with the KI slot) doesn't reach back far enough to fully seal the left side of the book. So that should probably be stretched back a little more. Or maybe just "steal" the Nexus stand book holding model from one of Cyan's ages...
Ehren

Postby Nev'yn » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:11 pm

Ehren wrote:When I really look over it in detail, I think the Nexus book holder looks a bit odd.

The left section (with the KI slot) doesn't reach back far enough to fully seal the left side of the book. So that should probably be stretched back a little more. Or maybe just "steal" the Nexus stand book holding model from one of Cyan's ages...

Lol! I wish you could have seen the demo version I had during testing.

Nev: "Umm....not to be crritical, but my copy of the Nexus stand has this huge "tome" version of the nexus book. jutting out of sides...It looks, well, kinda' odd is all I'm saying."

Doobes: "Huh...Guess I should go take a look at that...."

:P
KI# 14883206 | "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander
(Note: Any comments or opinions, taken whole or in part, are mine and do not reflect the stance of GoMe.)
Nev'yn

Postby Doobes » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:40 pm

Nev'yn wrote:Nev: "Umm....not to be crritical, but my copy of the Nexus stand has this huge "tome" version of the nexus book. jutting out of sides...It looks, well, kinda' odd is all I'm saying."

What? I thought people would get a kick out of the oversized novelty Linking Book. :P

As for the pedestal, that was created using screenshots of the original in URU for reference, so some of the details might be a bit off. Nothing I can't adjust accordingly though.
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby dendwaler » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:04 am

Back from Holiday's , i was finally able to visit the new Pub!
(It was actualy the first thing i did)

Congrats Doobes!
The Pub realy did surpass my expectations.
Its beautifully crafted and you and your team where able to maintain the high standard set by Cyan and at the same time you kept the Style and Atmosphere of URU in the fully and in a way extended it.
I hope this is only the first of many new creations we see from you.

Kudos.!
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Doobes » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:14 pm

dendwaler wrote:Back from Holiday's , i was finally able to visit the new Pub!
(It was actualy the first thing i did)

Congrats Doobes!
The Pub realy did surpass my expectations.
Its beautifully crafted and you and your team where able to maintain the high standard set by Cyan and at the same time you kept the Style and Atmosphere of URU in the fully and in a way extended it.
I hope this is only the first of many new creations we see from you.

Kudos.!

Why thank you! I'm glad people are enjoying it.

Speaking of which, the Pub is now available at The Open Cave's MOUL shard! An offline version will follow sometime later this year for PotS/CC players who want to add it to their collection. ;)
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby janaba » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:11 am

Doobes wrote:Speaking of which, the Pub is now available at The Open Cave's MOUL shard! An offline version will follow sometime later this year for PotS/CC players who want to add it to their collection. ;)

Absolutely, that'd be just awesome, thanks ... :)
janaba

Postby Annabelle » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:23 pm

Great news!!!

At least on TOC MOUL shard we won't need to ask for the keys to go ... well you know where... ;)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

PreviousNext

Return to Building