New age locked by.....

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

New age locked by.....

Postby Jhon J. Jaguar » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:49 pm

Shorah to all. I am Italian, for this i ask excuse if my english is not very good. :P
Finally, after 32 months of work , i have completed my age. I need only to solve a problem about SDL states.
I have follow the instructions about insert the BoolToogle and BoolRespond into 3DS MAX, and i have write a SDL file into his apropriate folder. All things working, but after i export my age, and use Drizzle 30 for decompile the PRP files, Into my URU CC hapen a very strange thing.....
All my responders are enabled, in spite of the state Default said all most are in OFF MODE. Moreover, if i change the states by press buttons or switch, the machine it work in correct mode, but if i linkout and return, all things return enabled, like to a solved age. I have seeking a reason for that, but nothing for now.....
Anyone can said me were i have mistake? Max create in export the BUILDIN.PRP, and i have added a global Python In a Global Dummy......
THere is any setting i most to do for to say to Python wath is the correct SDL mode? About that, the link Rules have a role? I have forgot any setting into the responders, animations or Python files? The global python need too any setting?
I have read the instructions by Andy Tutorials, but for now i haven't locate were is the problem.....I don't will my doors are open at first link, but i don't will, after i have open the doors, go out, return and have all resetting......
If anyone can said me anything, please write.....I need only this indication for Close my first age and present my project.
Thanks all will answer me. :D :D :D
Jhon J. Jaguar

Re: New age locked by.....

Postby tachzusamm » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:20 am

Difficult to see the problem is...
Where's my crystal ball again?

I mean, strange behaviour of SDL logic can have so many reasons. It can by syntax errors in the SDL itself, wrong wiring of the Python functions, or even non-existent wiring.
What makes me think something is not correctly wired is that, as you describe, your buttons and switch states are not stored at all, because they reset to a default when you re-enter your Age. Seems like SDL states are completely ignored, and the button logic works somehow around the SDL logic.

Would you mind to post your SDL code? And how you wired them to the logic, by Python examples, screenshots, whatever?
And what do you mean by "and i have added a global Python In a Global Dummy"?

By the way:
welcome to the Guild, Jhon.

Jhon J. Jaguar wrote:Finally, after 32 months of work ,

:shock: :shock: :shock:
tachzusamm

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:12 am

tachzusamm wrote:And what do you mean by "and i have added a global Python In a Global Dummy"?

I take that to mean that (s)he created an AgeSDLHook object? :?
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Jhon J. Jaguar » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:02 pm

Thanks for your welcome.
For first i have insert a Global Python into my Python Pack. About this i have infollow the indications into this tutorial By Andy:

http://dusty.homeunix.net/wiki/Python_F ... lease_Read!

For second, i have write my SDL file in this mode:

STATEDESC My Age

{
VERSION 1

# Animation states

VAR BOOL shpasungenerator[1] DEFAULT=0
VAR BOOL shpadoorlabirint[1] DEFAULT=0
VAR BOOL shpadoorcastle[1] DEFAULT=0
}

After all this i have use 3 responder into the age, and for all i have use the 2 python file xAgeSDLBoolToogle and XAgeSDLBoolRespond. I have insert for all their VAR Name, and i have use the name of the responders. They are responder with 2 states, first setting in Default mode for start the animation in state 0.
Responder.JPG
The Generator Responder
Responder.JPG (699.97 KiB) Viewed 3633 times

PyBoolToogle.JPG
The Python Toogle
PyBoolToogle.JPG (479.42 KiB) Viewed 3633 times

PyBoolRespond.JPG
The Python Respond
PyBoolRespond.JPG (472.98 KiB) Viewed 3633 times

After all this i have use Plasma Export in 3DS MAX and Drizzle30 for to convert the file exported into my URU Installation. Now....I have copy my Python Pack Into the Python folder.....The SDL file Into his folder....All sound work in correct mode....the animations working, but in the first link they not start in default mode, but in state 1. All doors are open and my sungenerator is enabled....
If i change states, link out and return, all states return in condition 1....I have test much setting into the python files, but nothing...There is only a thing i have notice: inside to the Nexus, into theMmonitor Folders, at voice Restoration Ages, I have see there is write UNKNOW AGE near to the name of my age.
I have upload by Drizzle into my Uru the Neolbah Age, writed by Andy, and his age not have write UNKNOW AGE near to the name, and they are all two into the same folder of the Nexus Monitor. This can to say anything?
I have test again this day, but nothing. There is a setting i most to do into the responder? Or i most does anything with Drizzle, more of "The Art/Ages-Convert" ?
And more....There is a difference from AgeSDLHook and Global Python? Because, in this case, i not have insert a AgeSDLHook...Wath is and wath i most to do in this case?
Thanks for now.
Jhon J. Jaguar

Postby Jhon J. Jaguar » Sun May 04, 2014 2:01 pm

VICTORYYYYYY!!!!
All problems are solved. I need to correct an indication into the Andy's Tutorial, but the important is who all work.
My age is ready for are presented and explored from you all my friends.
Are you ready for a new age???
I hope all my job and my story can like you, and remember....This is only the first of my progects...
If is aproved for ebter in MOULa, i am ready to continue my job with all my ages.
Thanks to all have read me. Shprah and good exploration. :D :D :D :D :D
Jhon J. Jaguar

Postby Dulcamara » Mon May 05, 2014 10:33 am

This news is great. :)
I am very pleased that you could solve this problem.
I'm very curious about this age and I'm sure it will be wonderful.
On to a new journey of discovery. :lol:

Greetings
Dulcamara
Dulcamara

Return to Building