For present my Age

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

For present my Age

Postby Jhon J. Jaguar » Tue May 06, 2014 3:40 pm

Please, anyone can said me wath i most to do for present my age?
Is my first project, and for that i don't know the way....LOL
I need know wath i most to prepare for the upload and were i most to send the files.
Remember who my project is canto have a chance for to expand MOULa.
Is my first age, and for that i not think is a wonderfull job, but now who i know the program and the engine, i can to work better.
Please answer me......if you will enter into my first dream.
Thanks and Shorah B'shem.
By Jhon J. Jaguar
Jhon J. Jaguar

Re: For present my Age

Postby Annabelle » Tue May 06, 2014 9:01 pm

Ciao Jhon!

You are a breeze of fresh air :)

I'll use Google Translate which might not give the best results...sorry if it doesn't make sense in Italian (but it does make sense in French) :lol:

È necessario inviare una mail a Diafero. Diafero è l'amministratore del database UAM e Deep Island Shard. Egli vi chiederà di inviare i file. Si potrebbe anche usare un servizio di condivisione di file e fornire il link del file da Diafero.

Email di Diafero: diafero (1) Arcor (2) de
dove (1) è la chiocciola
e (2) è il punto

Original text in English:
Show Spoiler
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Jhon J. Jaguar » Fri May 09, 2014 1:01 pm

Thanks Annabelle. I have write a mail to Diafero, but he don't have answer me. I have keep ready the pack of my files, I have check my serial number is not in the list, i have take care to insert my DATA files, SFX files, AGERESOUSCER files, SDL file, PYTHON PACK and IMG files. I have create a ZIP Folder, adni'm ready to export it. But for now i don't know were and in wath time.....I hope Anyone answer me in a short time.....I know my first age cannot is special, but is only the first, and now who i know the programs, i'm sure to can to do a best job with the second....Now is all in the your hands and in the hands of the Cyan.....If believe in me, i shall continue my expansion for MOULA with another 3+1 ages. But i need give you my work first, or is impossible a valutation. I wait for now....In the time i receive the instructions, i upload my age, For now i keep secret her name.
Shorah and good job all, for now. :lol:
Jhon J. Jaguar

Postby diafero » Sat May 10, 2014 11:21 am

Sorry for the delay, I only check these forums irregularly nowadays. Also, it seems I lost your first mail - not sure where it went, but the very first message I got from you is from May 9th and was sent after your above post.

I will respond to your mail immediately, so we'll get your age online as soon as possible :)

EDIT: Actually, parts of the answer should be interesting for others as well that struggle to release their age, so let me quote some fragments of it here.

All the various versions of Uru out there are easily confusing for new explorers. I suggest you read <http://www.guildofwriters.org/wiki/Uru> to get an overview.

MOULa is run by Cyan, and there is currently no way to add fan-ages to MOULa. However, there are several servers run by fans, and some of them feature fan-ages. Notably, there is the Deep Island Shard run by me (see <http://forum.guildofwriters.org/viewforum.php?f=111>) and the Gehn Shard run by the Hoikas and others (<http://forum.guildofwriters.org/viewforum.php?f=117>). On Deep Island, I add all fan-ages that exist. For Gehn, the policy is different and only very few ages are added there.
Furthermore, you may want others to be able to play your age in their offline Uru. To distribute ages, we have a tool called UAM (Uru Age Manager, <http://www.guildofwriters.org/wiki/UAM>) for which I run a server. Again, any age I find is added there.

So, I can help you to add your age to the Deep Island Shard and the (Deep Island server of) UAM. On the UAM Wiki page (<http://www.guildofwriters.org/wiki/UAM>) there is a section about "Releasing an age via UAM" that you should read.
After you collected all the files I need, we just need to get those files to me. The easiest way to do that is to upload it to some file-sharing website. Other age writers use <http://www.mediafire.com/>, so why don't you try that? Just upload your zip file there, and send me the link.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Jhon J. Jaguar » Sat May 10, 2014 1:03 pm

Answer mail in coming. The link is into it. My age is upload now. If there is any problem, write me. I hope my job can like you. Thanks for have help me :D
Jhon J. Jaguar

Postby diafero » Sun May 11, 2014 3:53 am

So far I did not get any mail. Maybe you are using the wrong address? You can just click the "Reply" button in the mail I sent you - or you send a mail manually to "diafero AT arcor DOT de". (where AT has to be substituted by "@", obviously, and DOT by "." ).
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Jhon J. Jaguar » Sun May 11, 2014 6:50 am

This is strange.....
I have answer to your mail with ANSWER Button.....Is possible i have mistake any thing. In all cases, if there is any problem with the download, i can give you my AGE PACK with a JUMBO MAIL, available for greatest files. Please said me if all work in correct mode.....And sorry if my english is not perfect :P
Shorah for now.
Jhon J. Jaguar

Postby diafero » Sun May 11, 2014 6:57 am

The mail you just sent minutes ago arrived here, so I'm currently downloading your age :)

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Jhon J. Jaguar » Sun May 11, 2014 7:20 am

Wonderful. Keep me informed of the news. And thanks for your help :D
Jhon J. Jaguar

Postby diafero » Sun May 11, 2014 7:49 am

Hm, there's a problem: The age you sent me is for MOUL, not for Uru:CC. You will have to learn how to convert the age to Uru:CC - I sent you some links in the mail. However, I am not the right person to ask for that as I never used 3ds Max (nor did I ever use Blender, for that matter ;-) ). I'm sure other explorers here are willing to help you sort that conversion out, though.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Next

Return to Building