Welcome all in my first World

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: Welcome all in my first World

Postby Ehren » Wed May 14, 2014 2:11 am

Show Spoiler
Ehren

Postby janaba » Wed May 14, 2014 5:10 am

Wow, thank you Annabelle, for this wonderful extensive report of your and Ehren's exploration and for the great pictures ... This reminds me almost of Dulcamara's Elodea, where we all were so much surprised of what we found there, though we had some picture impressions beforehand, but as you've said, when Jhon is announcing his 'very first age' in a very shy and humble way, you don't expect too much in the first place, and now it sounds as there'll be an absolutely exciting journey and exploration to look forward to ... :P
janaba

Postby Acorn » Wed May 14, 2014 10:33 am

I'm really looking forward to this being on UAM! Has anyone emailed diafero to ask him to do it?
Acorn

Postby diafero » Wed May 14, 2014 12:56 pm

The age is available on UAM now :)

And no, the reason it got delayed is not that I wanted to tease you into using DI. The reason is that I'm pretty busy. But if I get people to visit DI by delaying UAM updates, maybe I should do that more often... ;-)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby janaba » Wed May 14, 2014 12:57 pm

And ... there it is, I'm downloading it as I write, thanks diafero and Jhon ... Off to a new adventure :P

Haha, you beat me to it, diafero, and yes, you're right, why not, I believe you did it with Elodea too, releasing it on the DI Shard first ... :)
janaba

Postby diafero » Wed May 14, 2014 1:04 pm

Well, I always release to the Shard first. My Shard update script* does quite a few consistency checks, so it always runs first. Actually the script does checks that I totally forgot about - lucky enough, I knew about them years ago, and the script doesn't forget ;-) . Once my script is fine with the age, I test it on DI. And once that all works, I bundle the UAM package. Depending on how busy I am and how much work it is to get the age accepted by my script, that least step is potentially delayed.

The other reason for "DI first" is that doign revision on DI is easy, so especially for large new ages, it's good to test them there for a day or two. "Fixing" a UAM released version works be making a new version, and then we end up with two versions in the UAM list, and taking up space on the server, etc.

* Actually, that script is now available at https://gitorious.org/offline-ki (it's in utils/create_dataserver) :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Annabelle » Wed May 14, 2014 2:24 pm

diafero wrote:The age is available on UAM now :)

And no, the reason it got delayed is not that I wanted to tease you into using DI. The reason is that I'm pretty busy. But if I get people to visit DI by delaying UAM updates, maybe I should do that more often... ;-)

LOL. Sorry I was mostly teasing you more than anything. You'll still have people coming online like me because even though I'm saying I want to explore it offline, I still prefer exploring with people on the very first journeys, there are always something you are missing and the others' inputs just make you see the whole picture faster :)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Acorn » Wed May 14, 2014 3:35 pm

Acorn wrote:I'm really looking forward to this being on UAM! Has anyone emailed diafero to ask him to do it?

diafero wrote:The age is available on UAM now :)

wow, great service! :lol: :lol: Thanks, diafero - and also for the explanation for why we need to wait a few days :)
Acorn

Postby janaba » Thu May 15, 2014 8:01 am

Jhon and all, this is a wonderful age ... I've started exploring yesterday, but it was already very late, shortly after midnight, when I forced myself to stop lol, so, I continued my journey today in the afternoon ... :P

This world is also quite big, much bigger than one expects in the first place ... The nature and all the different Eder spots and the environment sounds etc. are so beautiful, and I loved to read the adventurous and myst-erious story in a very good German and English (it says Book I, so there might be even a Book II ?) ... I loved the houses and all else, esp. as we get to know why they are actually there ... I've noticed the animated revolving hint(s) high up, you know what I mean, other hints I've put together in one document, but I didn't see yet where this could serve me, if at all lol, and I managed to pass through the first labyrinth ...

Now I'm stuck resp. I stopped searching and wandering around without a clue lol ... I wonder how I'm supposed to pass through the second labyrinth to reach the warehouse or where ever it will lead me ... I didn't see a possibility to enter it from the outside that's why I think it might be connected to the second labyrinth ... There's a beautiful music playing directly at the spot of the warehouse door btw, I suppose that's what we'll be hearing when we finally enter it ... So, anyone up for a hint? ... 8-)

Yeah, I'd say, Jhon, keep creating ages and worlds, I believe you've got what it takes, and I dare to assume that many others will agree with me ... :)
janaba

Postby Acorn » Thu May 15, 2014 9:24 am

Congratulations, Jhon, I had fun yesterday evening too. I seem to have been to the same places as janaba. I didn't paste the 4 pages into one but it would probably be a good idea, if I knew how to!

That green labyrinth got me stuck. It may be the place Annabelle found claustrophobic - I felt myself getting that way! Is this the labyrinth you solved, janaba? You say you solved one of them.
Acorn

PreviousNext

Return to Building