Welcome all in my first World

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: Welcome all in my first World

Postby janaba » Thu May 15, 2014 10:42 am

Acorn wrote:Congratulations, Jhon, I had fun yesterday evening too. I seem to have been to the same places as janaba. I didn't paste the 4 pages into one but it would probably be a good idea, if I knew how to!

That green labyrinth got me stuck. It may be the place Annabelle found claustrophobic - I felt myself getting that way! Is this the labyrinth you solved, janaba? You say you solved one of them.

Yep, I've 'solved' the green one, solved in quotation marks as I didn't really solve it, I just managed to get through it to that point where I could move into the next lol ... :P

As for the four clues, I just took four pictures (I use Fraps and then load them into IrfanView), I cut every single one out and pasted them all into a simple document (landscape) and then adjusted their size to combine them as one, so, it looks like a labyrinth as I thought it would, but I nevertheless see no further hint (starting and/or end point etc.) how to walk through it more easily with it, so, maybe you won't need it, but I don't know of course lol ... I also thought of printing that out to mark all already passed points and paths, but that seemed too tedious for me and I cannot believe that it was meant to be handled that way lol ...

Ok, let's wait and see, who'll come along and help us ladies out, Acorn ... :)

I forgot to mention that I also considered the 'ghostly' hint and thus have thrown my body against all walls I've already passed, it still hurts lol ... :lol:
janaba

Postby Annabelle » Thu May 15, 2014 3:08 pm

janaba wrote:(it says Book I, so there might be even a Book II ?) ...

There will be 4 numbered books + maybe another one ;) I don't spoil anything here, Jhon said to me in-game there would be 4 + 1 ages and Shorah Paths was the 1st. I asked him subtly if the +1 was a bonus age and he said yes :)
BTW, there might be more book in each of these ages.

janaba wrote:I loved to read the adventurous and myst-erious story in a very good German and English

I don't know who translated the story in German but it has to be a German-Speaking explorer. For the French version, it's Janeerah and he did a wonderful job. I just caught 1 little mistake and I told him about. It's not worth telling what it was because it's not a real mistake more like an added letter due to a typo.
If you find a 2nd book in Shorah Paths called: "My dream" later on your Journey, you'll learn who did the Italian-to-German translation ;)

janaba wrote:I wonder how I'm supposed to pass through the second labyrinth to reach the warehouse or where ever it will lead me ...[...] So, anyone up for a hint?

A hint:
Show Spoiler

Acorn wrote:That green labyrinth got me stuck. It may be the place Annabelle found claustrophobic

Yes and with the sound effect prevailing in this section, let me tell you after 20 secs I turned the sound off because I was breathing more heavily than the sound effect...
The first labyrinth is flat, the goal is...
Show Spoiler

janaba wrote:As for the four clues, I just took four pictures (I use Fraps and then load them into IrfanView), I cut every single one out and pasted them all into a simple document (landscape) and then adjusted their size to combine them as one, so, it looks like a labyrinth as I thought it would, but I nevertheless see no further hint (starting and/or end point etc.) how to walk through it more easily with it, so, maybe you won't need it, but I don't know of course lol ... I also thought of printing that out to mark all already passed points and paths, but that seemed too tedious for me and I cannot believe that it was meant to be handled that way lol ...

I think you got the "link the 4 pieces together" right janaba. I didn't have the patience for that so I followed Ehren instead and laid markers, the good old markers :D
A funny story about that... yesterday I returned and I was following my markers, everything was OK. I then, for an obscure reason, stopped the quest but forgot about it, I was in the 2nd labyrinth and was wondering why I wasn't seeing my markers at all, I finally managed to reach the ...
Show Spoiler
on my own. I saw right after that I had closed that silly quest, no wonder why my markers were invisible.

janaba wrote:I forgot to mention that I also considered the 'ghostly' hint and thus have thrown my body against all walls I've already passed, it still hurts lol ... :lol:

Yeah!!! At least, I'm not the only one to have done this :lol: You'll see a
Show Spoiler
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Acorn » Thu May 15, 2014 3:40 pm

Annabelle wrote:
Acorn wrote:That green labyrinth got me stuck. It may be the place Annabelle found claustrophobic

Yes and with the sound effect prevailing in this section, let me tell you after 20 secs I turned the sound off because I was breathing more heavily than the sound effect...

Yes, that sound effect was horribly effective :lol: :roll:
Acorn

Postby janaba » Thu May 15, 2014 4:08 pm

Oh, yes, it was indeed, and to reach the second labyrinth I'll have to go through that again ... will try to place markers this time, that's a great idea ... ;)

Thank you, Annabelle, for that extensive answer ... So, this age is one of four plus an additional bonus age ... Wow! ... :P

It seems there is no more systematic way to pass through that second one, oh my, will try to make some use of my document and placing markers if I manage to find that correct path through it ... The thing is that there are no clear recognizable orientation points like in Elodea's Tunnelgang ... I'm glad it was at least not in vain trying to find a 'ghostly' interdimensional wall to walk through lol, maybe your hint will help me to recognize it more easily ... :)
janaba

Postby Annabelle » Fri May 16, 2014 5:39 am

janaba wrote:It seems there is no more systematic way to pass through that second one, oh my,

I wrote: I finally managed to reach the ... Show Spoileron my own.

Have you checked the spoiler i put right there? You will have at least the general direction to take
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby janaba » Fri May 16, 2014 6:01 am

Yeah, now that you've mentioned and I've read it again, this is at least something and I get some more ideas ... Thank you, Annabelle ... :)
janaba

Postby janaba » Fri May 16, 2014 1:12 pm

Hi, everyone ... I made it, I'm through, and this is absolutely awesome, I'll tell you why ... 8-)

This afternoon I was trying again to get through that labyrinth for a few hours, but in vain ... I was then sitting on my balcony to balance and transmute my frustration lol, when suddenly (I already thought to just post here that I'm done, I give up, I don't get it lol) my attention went again to your hint, Annabelle, and at some point I felt to try it again with absolutely only focussing in that direction and somehow I felt or knew I would make it ... I sat down on my computer again, went through the first labyrinth and set markers this time, this was more easy as I already did it twice, and then I initiated another marker quest and went through the second maze in one go, haha ... It was almost unbelievable and really felt like a miracle ... :P

In that mood I sooo enjoyed even more all the beauty in that warehouse, the music and the 'My Dream' narrative, a treasure chest of wisdom, and it was great to be able to open that door, which remains open when you log in again, so, the marker quests are not needed anymore lol ... Yeah, thank you, Annabelle, and thank you Jhon for this beautiful adventure ... I am looking forward to the continuation of that story and to explore more wondrous worlds ... :)
janaba

Postby Annabelle » Fri May 16, 2014 2:28 pm

I'm glad you made it through janaba :D

Because you play it offline, you'll keep the doors open until you reset the age but playing online you never know what will happen so in my case I'll keep my handy markers.

You can now enjoy the garden of ... ( :( I lost my memory on how Jhon calls this garden...I will ask him maybe tomorrow when it will be the Open Age Party event, I don't remember when it will occur though)

Maybe the Garden of Meditation...I'll check with him ;)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Jhon J. Jaguar » Mon May 19, 2014 2:42 pm

Shorah a tutti.
Innanzi tutto ringrazio coloro che sono venuti all'inaugurazione. E anche coloro che non hanno potuto venire (colpa mia, ho dato poco preavviso, mi spiace)
Sebbene, come mi hanno fato notare alcuni, SP non è perfetta (infatti andrebbe aggiornata, e magari un giorno lo farò) ho comunque potuto capire che è piaciuta e che ha divertito tutti. Questo era il mio primo obbiettivo, e averlo raggiunto mi ripaga di tanto lavoro. GRAZIE DI CUORE
Ora, visto che avevate alcune domande, risponderò subito.....
Cominciamo dai labirinti....perché creare due labirinti così contorti e uniti fra loro ???...... Le ragioni sono 2.......
1- Essendo la prima volta che provavo a programmare un ambiente 3D, non mi sono sentito in grado di fare elaborati enigmi meccanici, come in Kadish Tolesa. Infatti la meta del tempo l'ho passata a imparare a usare i 12 software che mi sono serviti per creare i componenti primari dell'era stessa (Texture, Suoni, Strutture, Logica Python e SDL, Animazioni, Motore Plasma, ecc....).
2- So bene che i giocatori di URU hanno delle menti geniali, e quindi sapevo anche che, se l'apertura della fortezza fosse stata rapida, avrebbe tolto interesse all'era stessa e all'avventura. Così ho creato due labirinti collegati e vi ho aggiunto due difficoltà.....Al primo, quello verde rotondo, ho inserito un suono che crea ansia, e che quindi distrae dall'esplorazione e fa perdere di vista la strada già percorsa.... Al secondo invece ho aggiunto un proiettore che nascondeva con un MURO FANTASMA l'accesso alla scala che porta all'interno della fortezza, così che coloro che si lasciavano prendere dalla fretta, lo avrebbero ignorato e avrebbero quindi continuato a vagare inutilmente.
Vedo comunque che non vi siete fatti spaventare, e che avete avuto la meglio su di loro. BRAVISSIMI TUTTI!!! Il fatto che vi siete divertiti adempie lo scopo dell'era stessa.

Passando alla storia, coloro che conoscono il primo capitolo di MYST, l'isola rifugio, avranno certamente notato il mio collegamento ai primi diari di ATRUS.....L'ERA MECCANICA, quella delle GRANDI ROCCE e del POPOLO DEGLI ALBERI....
La ragione di questo è che in realtà, come alcuni hanno intuito, SP è solo la prima di una serie di 4+1 ere che ho disegnato e che anni fa proposi come espansione per MOULa. Ma sapevo bene che per un obbiettivo così ambizioso, la storia avrebbe dovuto essere molto ben elaborata e comunque essere attinente a quelle ufficiali.....L'avventura di SHOASHI, costruttore di Shorah_Pahts, infatti rievoca i racconti di Atrus nei suoi diari con una origine a CHANNELWOOD, una partenza dall'ERA DELLE GRANDI ROCCE e una destinazione all'ERA MECCANICA, che poi non venne raggiunta per i motivi raccontati nel libro stesso. Anche la bandiera che si incontra nella piazzetta vicino al pontile sul mare, se si guarda bene, rammenta lo stemma delle navi nere, descritto nel diario dell'ERA MECCANICA. Questo rametto che di allunga dal primo tronco della storia di MYST, voleva essere quell'anello in più che accomunava tutte le ere a un unica origine, come hanno fatto tutti i capitoli di MYST. L'idea di farla tradurre in 5 lingue, mi è venuta ascoltando alcuni che, in caverna, si lamentavano di far fatica ad avanzare nell'era perché non ne capivano la lingua. Vero che l'inglese è universale ormai, ma è anche vero che non tutti lo capiscono benissimo (compreso io LOL). Così, grazie all'aiuto di Korov'ev, Janeerah, Malaclypse e Purple Inma, ho fatto in modo che almeno le 5 più comuni lingue potessero essere lette. Inoltre, una storia appassiona di più, quando viene letta nella propria lingua ;)

Parlando del PARCO, ho ritenuto che valesse la pena di creare un era che fosse non solo da esplorare, ma anche bella da vivere.....Molti sono stati quelli che cercavano un posto tranquillo e piacevole dove parlare in chat.....La maggioranza prediligeva Delin o Tsogal, oppure anche Teledahn o lo stesso Relto. Da qui ho capito la ricerca di posti verdi e rilassanti per conversare.....Dovete sapere che SP era nata con una dimensione molto più piccola, direi 1/4 di quello che è adesso. Ma sapevo che a tutti piace avere molto da vedere e da girare. E cosi ho praticamente diviso l'era in due zone: La zona ROSSA, cioè quella con gli enigmi da risolvere, e la zona VERDE, per rilassarsi e correre tra fiori e piante, saltando da una roccia all'altra, ascoltando gli uccelli e l'acqua che scorre...A PROPOSITO.....QUALCUNO HA POI COLTO IL FRUTTO DALLA PIANTA???....HEHE, scommetto che nessuno lo aveva notato che uno dei frutti si poteva far cadere dall'albero :D
Le due zone non hanno un nome....le distinguo solo come Città e Parco, Le piazze sono la Piazza di Lettura e la Piazza degli Indizi. Poi c'è il laghetto artificiale, dove l'acqua è potabile, e la piazzetta di stoccaggio dei relitti. Queste sono più o meno le diciture che si possono usare.

Infine, i Diari, sono praticamente un modo per far conoscere i protagonisti della storia in se. SHOASHI ha parlato un po di se anche nella storia, ma è nel diario che si esprime di più: anche se a dire il vero, si concentrò più sui propri sentimenti e sui suoi amici scomparsi, EMMIT e BRANCH (anche loro appartenenti alle prime storie di ATRUS, menzionati nel libro dell'ERA DELLE GRANDI ROCCE). Infatti nei diari ho voluto racchiudere anche qualcosa che avesse un significato non solo per il gioco, ma anche per la vita reale. E mi sembra di aver inteso che qualcuno lo ha capito bene. Ecco da dove ha origine l'idea di separare LIBRI e DIARI. Però, per non assillare di lavoro i traduttori, che mi hanno gia fatto un gran favore, ho lasciato i diari nelle sole lingue Inglese e Italiano. Comunque, se vi è piaciuta, vuol dire che non sono troppo male come narratore....hehe.

Spero di aver risposto alle vostre curiosità in modo esauriente. In caso ci sia altro, chiedete pure. Adesso spetta a tutti voi dirmi se devo continuare con la seconda era di espansione, o se devo piuttosto darmi all'ippica...HAHAHA....Alla campa cavallo...LOL
Ancora grazie a tutti per aver esplorato e apprezzato il mio lavoro. Auguri a tutti i miei colleghi. Ci si vede presto, o in Caverna o in DI.
Shorah B'shem all :D :D :D :D :D
Jhon J. Jaguar

Postby Annabelle » Tue May 20, 2014 4:24 pm

I read all your text in Italian. I understood you were very pleased that we explored and enjoyed your age, which is true. I also understood that you were going to work on new ages to make your 4 + 1 ages dream. It will be a continuous story, the one of Shoashi.

I didn't understand everything about the labyrinth and the paragraph where you describe a green zone and a pink zone, I'll use the translator for those parts.

Nevertheless, thank you very much! :D

EDIT: Bonus

Here's something for all of you, the pictures were taken inside the most beautiful area of Shorah Pahts:

Show Spoiler
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

PreviousNext

Return to Building