Tsoidahl Prad Project Thread

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: Tsoidahl Prad Project Thread

Postby janaba » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:54 am

What a beautiful change and improvement, Justin, I've just compared my old pictures to this new version ... It looks much more smooth and professional already ... I really like that tapestry on that wall and I don't think an imager would fit there as for the many beds lined up down there ... The idea of another door sounds good and maybe an imager would better fit to the empty wall across the window front ... Yeah, great job, really ... :P

I'd like to add, there doesn't have to be too much in that room, everything is nicely put, proportionally, it is a rest room after all, but maybe you could add a cupboard, a shelf or whatever storage place for some blankets, towels and t-shirts etc., or what about installing a lake water dispenser next to the exit across the windows, centrally arranged at that wall of course, there is already sth directly next to that exit ... :)
janaba

Postby Doobes » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:49 pm

Justintime9 wrote:With the success of imagers in the Messenger's Pub hopefully it shouldn't be too difficult.

I wrote up a tutorial after I got those working properly. It's tailored for PotS, but the settings should allow it to work for online shards too.

http://www.guildofwriters.org/wiki/Postable_Imagers

I'm using an updated version of PyPRP that fixes a few more things with imagers, but I'm not sure if the GoW has released it to everyone yet. When they do (or if they have already), I'll update the tutorial to reflect that.

In any case, things are looking good, Justin! Keep it up! :)
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby Justintime9 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:35 am

Ok, so I attempted to make an imager. Your tutorial was very helpful. But I must be doing something wrong, because though it gives me the option to post text or an image in the age, when I actually try to, nothing appears on the imager. The tutorial said I'd experience this problem with images, but that text should work. But neither do. So I tried going into PRP Shop and fixing it, but there was no DynamicTextMap file. Only DynamicEnvMap.

Also, I don't see the noise texture on the actual screen. Or is this only visible when a picture is posted? I'm guessing there's more to it than the tutorial mentions, because there's also some animated noise, more sophisticated "scratched" texture, and of course the glowing KI icon and sound effect. Could I perhaps see the blendfile for the Messenger's Pub? Looking at the settings for a working imager would help immensely.

In any case, I figure this is a good time to show you what I've got so far. Here's the blend and age files. I have a spawn point next to the imager for testing purposes. And if you want to just fix the issues I've mentioned, feel free.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/m60rd ... elease.zip
Justintime9

Postby Annabelle » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:17 pm

Hello Justintime!

I guess I can test your age as well. I'm downloading it right now. I'm not interested by the Blender file (as I don't have Blender) but more in your age's files. I'll check if everything is in order, mostly for glitches that can be exploited. If I find any, I'll tell you.

EDIT: (I'm critical but in no way I'm disappointed ;) :lol: )

I've already done some tests and it seems that some of the issues are still present. But, on the other hand, there are no more floor to reach beyond the normal grounds so even if I can still exit the age by going through walls (literally), I'm going directly to Relto in every case. So at least you succeeded in not letting us going beyond normal grounds but still, we can inadvertently exit the age by going through solid matter...

Maybe someone with a lot of experience could see what's the issue with your doors. When they are moving (opening or closing), they create so much lag that I can "wobble my way out" easily or "drown in the stairs" between the marbles courtyard & the workers' bedroom.

There's also the broken lamp post near the square courtyard. We can put one of our feet inside it visually. You should maybe consider adding a small invisible block to make sure that visually we cannot stand inside the broken light.

For the other aspects such as lighting effects, shadowing effects, etc... I won't comment as I have no expertise in those matters.

Overall, great work, keep on! :D
Last edited by Annabelle on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Justintime9 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:45 pm

Awesome. And just to let you know, this is by no means a finished release. Mostly just to show my progress. But any sort of input is useful.
Justintime9

Postby Annabelle » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:50 pm

I replied on my post read the EDIT part ;)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Doobes » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:30 pm

Justintime9 wrote:Ok, so I attempted to make an imager. Your tutorial was very helpful. But I must be doing something wrong, because though it gives me the option to post text or an image in the age, when I actually try to, nothing appears on the imager. The tutorial said I'd experience this problem with images, but that text should work. But neither do. So I tried going into PRP Shop and fixing it, but there was no DynamicTextMap file. Only DynamicEnvMap.

Hmm...I was able to export it no problem. Are you sure you have the most up-to-date PyPRP?

As for the static, I have that as a separate Plane in front of the imager with a Passindex one number higher to properly manage the alpha objects. I THINK you might be able to put the static texture in the same object, with the static on top of the imager's Dynamic Texture Map on the ordering in the texture list, but I haven't tried it yet.

In any case, I tried posting to the imager and it works...but the UV mapping needs fixing. Right now, it's in pieces all over the place. I would move the 3D camera in Blender so that the imager is facing you, then use the "Project from View" UV map option, then resize so that it's as big as the grid in the middle of the UV mapping window. You may have to adjust it a bit until it looks right, which can be a pain, but it'll work.

I'll try playing with it, then PM you with the file (as I don't want to distribute your Age publicly...that's for you to do, IMHO ;) ). I will post a screenshot with my results here though for those interested.

EDIT: Got it working! Check it out:

Show Spoiler

I'll PM you with the modified file, Justin. Note the UV mapping of the imager. You can use that as a basis for future imagers. :)
Last edited by Doobes on Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby janaba » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:49 pm

Hi, Justin, I just tested your test version for a while and I must say you put much effort into it, you've added shadows everywhere and increased and enhanced the lighting effects etc., if done in a correct way, as Annabelle said already that can better be determined by our experts, but everything looks great so far ... :P

I've been jumping around a lot and couldn't walk through any wall by now, except in one place partially (means not completely through) in first person next to the first door, then you're standing next to that small cupboard, but that's all ... There are two doors working fine, the first one and the one moving up when passing through to the marble maschine, but I didn't wobble or so, it was ok ... My linkin point was where it has always been btw, in the first room, not next to the imager as you've said ...

Ok, that imager is pitch black and doesn't work at all, it is as if there is no imager, just a black square where it's supposed to be, there's just one indication of an imager functionality, which is the 'SleepImager' KI link, which can be addressed ... I've uploaded a few images and a text message several times, but nothing shows up as you've said ...

Anything else? ... Yeah, the windows are now more dirty than before lol, while the walls and ceilings are more polished ... Ahh, and that broken lamp post, haha, I've been jumping on and around it again and again, but I cannot walk into it lol ... I think that is it so far, and I believe you're right on your way with the transformation process of that beautiful d'ni-ish age, so, way to go, Justin ... :)

Edit: I just see Doobes post and I'm glad that one of our experts is already looking into it all ... I believe I know what he means with the stuff being all over the place, which reminds me of the floor and stairs leading to the marble court yard, there's much stuff lying around, like shadows, yet without a source, but I think that's because this is now a work in progress and wasn't the issue to look into, like tools and materials lying around somewhere in a workplace etc. ... :D
janaba

Postby Doobes » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:01 pm

janaba wrote:I believe I know what he means with the stuff being all over the place, which reminds me of the floor and stairs leading to the marble court yard, there's much stuff lying around, like shadows, yet without a source, but I think that's because this is now a work in progress and wasn't the issue to look into, like tools and materials lying around somewhere in a workplace etc. ... :D

Eh, it's all part of the process. :P

I've sent Justin a PM with a link to the fixed imager blend file, so there we go. Another problem solved!
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby Justintime9 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:45 am

Awesome. Well I exported the blendfile you sent me (and fixed the AlcScript like you said. But it still doesn't work. The screen is white now rather than Black as it was before. But I suspect you fixed the Alpha and all that in Blender and that's the way it's supposed to look. But other than that it still doesn't work. I even made sure I have the latest PyPRP. Dynamic Texture Map can't be found in PrpShop either.

So maybe I need the PyPRP build you have or something. :P

Also, do you have the textures Cyan used for the actual imager body? I could go through them and find the right ones, but if you've already found and used them for your Pub there's no need to reinvent the wheel.
Justintime9

PreviousNext

Return to Building