Tsoidahl Prad Project Thread

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: Tsoidahl Prad Project Thread

Postby Doobes » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:55 pm

Justintime9 wrote:Awesome. Well I exported the blendfile you sent me (and fixed the AlcScript like you said. But it still doesn't work. The screen is white now rather than Black as it was before. But I suspect you fixed the Alpha and all that in Blender and that's the way it's supposed to look. But other than that it still doesn't work. I even made sure I have the latest PyPRP. Dynamic Texture Map can't be found in PrpShop either.

So maybe I need the PyPRP build you have or something. :P

I just exported the Pub using this version (http://www.guildofwriters.com/pyprp/latest.zip) of PyPRP (1.6.1) and it exported the texture map just fine (although it still required the PRPShop/Plasmashop fix). Deledrius mentioned that they were going to officially release the updated PyPRP sometime soon, so there will be that too...at least while Hoikas works on Korman. ;)

Justintime9 wrote:Also, do you have the textures Cyan used for the actual imager body? I could go through them and find the right ones, but if you've already found and used them for your Pub there's no need to reinvent the wheel.

Look for the textures named "nb01imagermetal" (or close to it) and "nb01gametablecoilbase" in the Neighborhood texture PRP. I'd post the actual files, but we all know that's a big legal no-no. :P
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby Justintime9 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:28 am

So I must have screwed up something with PyPRP or other settings, Because now whenever I export I get this error:

Justintime9

Postby Doobes » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:46 pm

"ImagerBody01"...I'm guessing that's the imager mechanism (not the AlcScripted screen) that you're trying to export? Also, is it with the aforementioned textures and did you export and convert those to one of the usual formats?
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby Justintime9 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:48 am

Yeah, that's the imager mechanism. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "converting" the textures, but I did find that for some reason the Cyan files couldn't be loaded into Blender even though they were .png files. So I loaded them into Gimp and saved them with a different name, and they loaded fine after that. I also found the transparent noise textures, so once I get this exporting I'll have to figure out how to use those.

Edit: Also Blender says Python Crypto Toolkit cannot be found. Not quite sure what that is, but could it be a problem?
Justintime9

Postby boblishman » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:14 am

Justintime9 wrote:Also Blender says Python Crypto Toolkit cannot be found. Not quite sure what that is, but could it be a problem?

Just been down that wormhole Justin, and no, its actually not NEEDED but when installed it speeds up the exporting time considerably.

As for the object being "unscriptable", if my memory serves me rightly, this is something to do with "spare" vertices hanging around (though I could easily be mistaken about that) ... basically, the mesh has a problem and needs checking. When this happened to me (years ago), I remember spending an eternity trying to find the "error" and in the end I remade the mesh as I was getting nowhere.
when it comes to Age creation ... "DOH" seems to be my middle name...
boblishman

Postby Deledrius » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:46 am

boblishman wrote:
Justintime9 wrote:Also Blender says Python Crypto Toolkit cannot be found. Not quite sure what that is, but could it be a problem?

Just been down that wormhole Justin, and no, its actually not NEEDED but when installed it speeds up the exporting time considerably.

That is incorrect. IIRC, the Python Crypto library is used to produce the required checksums and/or encrypted files, and does not speed up the export.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby boblishman » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:17 pm

ooops...my bad... I was thinking of psyco, not Crypto. You're right, he needs the Crypto toolkit. :oops:
when it comes to Age creation ... "DOH" seems to be my middle name...
boblishman

Postby Justintime9 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:04 am

Fixed the export error. So how do I get Crypto then, if I don't have it? And if it's so essential, how was I able to export without it?
Also, the Imager still doesn't work. :P
Justintime9

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:33 am

You don't need the python crypto nonsense unless you're exporting for Myst 5, which probably hasn't worked since 2005 anyway.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Deledrius » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:17 am

Tsar Hoikas wrote:You don't need the python crypto nonsense unless you're exporting for Myst 5, which probably hasn't worked since 2005 anyway.

Ah, right, just the AES files. Sorry about that, I forgot it was so limited in use.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Building