Uru Textures

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Uru Textures

Postby Javon_Br_99 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:40 am

Shorah all! :D
I was just playing around in Blender and decided to re create Relto just for the fun of it. Now I have completed all models themselves, but a problem I have run into is textures. None of the textures that I have found on the web or anywhere else have matched the textures from the game, they just don't look right. So I am wondering, is there a way to export textures from Uru and apply them to Blender models? If anyone knows please respond, thanks!
Javon_Br_99

Re: Uru Textures

Postby Sirius » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:04 am

Try the Age importer. This imports both models and textures, which can afterwards be found in Uru's DAT/Tex_Cache folder.
Keep in mind that it doesn't import an exact copy of the Age. Models are accurate enough, but lighting is only average, and neither animations nor logic are imported.
Sirius

Postby Javon_Br_99 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:02 pm

Then is that some addon that must be installed into Blender somehow? Or how does it work? I am not very smart at all when it comes to Python stuff, and the link that you sent didn't really explain how to use the importer, just how to download it.
Javon_Br_99

Postby Sirius » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:49 pm

Yeah, it's a bunch of scripts that must be present into Blender to enable an import menu.
It works and can be installed the same way as the export scripts.

To use it, make sure you're using Blender 2.49 (later versions won't work, unfortunately). Then, follow the instructions here. Once you installed the other softwares (namely Python and two of its extensions), it will tell you to put the "PyPRP" folder in the scripts directory - if you're installing the exporter, that's fine, but in case it's the importer, the folder will be called "PyPRPImport". In the end, you should have in the "script" directory "bpydata", "bpymodules" (both come from Blender), "PyPRP", "PyPRPImporter" and another bunch of script.
Then, (re)start Blender and go to File→Import (or Export, in case you want to export your Age to Uru)→PyPRP. Find an .age file or .prp file in Uru's "DAT" folder, and it should import it.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have more questions !
Sirius

Return to Building