Blender 2.7

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Blender 2.7

Postby Blackwood550 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:00 pm

Shorah, I'm trying to get into age/world creation and I'm wondering if I should use the suggested version of blender here (I think that's 2.49B or Blender 2.7? I've got some things In max 2011+ I'd like to bring over.

All help and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Blackwood550

Re: Blender 2.7

Postby Deledrius » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:09 am

It's not an easy question to answer at the moment. Blender 2.49b is required for the old and mostly-stagnant PyPRP. It is also pretty horrible to work with, thanks to the lousy old interface. Blender 2.7x is much better IMO, and in theory you can export to a format which can be run through Blender 2.49b if desired as a path to Uru. Work on a native exporter that supports Blender 2.7x is under way, but at very early stages. If completed, it will be a superior alternative in many ways (including no more AlcScript). Max 2011 is supported as well, if you desire exporting from it directly. Currently there is a bug in the lightmap generation, but otherwise the plugin should support that version fine.

An important question that needs to be asked in order to give you a better answer is: which version of the engine do you plan to target? Do you wish to make Ages for the offline Path of the Shell game, or are you hoping to produce MOUL-compatible Ages for the shards such as Gehn, TOC, etc.?
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Re: Blender 2.7

Postby Blackwood550 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:32 pm

I'd love to produce some ages for MOUL Shards. I used to try building for Path of the Shell back in 2006 with mixed success, but I had nowhere to share and I had trouble getting "Drizzle" to work.
Blackwood550

Return to Building