installing psycho 1.6 on Mavericks

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: installing psycho 1.6 on Mavericks

Postby boblishman » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:56 am

Christian Walther wrote:
  1. Remove all the files and folders you manually moved into the /Library/Python/2.5/site-packages folder (you can put them back into 2.7 if you think you’ll ever have a use for them there, or just trash them).
  2. Install these things again, instead of sudo python setup.py install using sudo python2.5 setup.py install

Keep the terminal output of that around for reference in case anything goes wrong, and try your age export again.

Thanks Christian ... and ... success!!

Show Spoiler

Show Spoiler

OK ... not my BEST work to date, but hey, it's my first using a Mac!

Thank you so much Christian for your help. The texture conversion mip mapping takes MUCH longer without Psyco as you can see but hey, I can live with that. At least I can start creating something now, something I was starting to think was impossible with an iMac running Mavericks.

OH, and I'll be keeping well away from Terminal until I get that backup disc!

Cheers :)
when it comes to Age creation ... "DOH" seems to be my middle name...
boblishman

Postby Christian Walther » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:34 am

Yay! 8-)
Christian Walther

Postby Ainia » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:24 am

Shorah boblishman,

I cannot begin to say how *awesomely exciting* it is to know you are back in the Age Writing business!

Best of luck!! I will be watching for further news here. :D

[[post scriptum: plus should I ever be in a position to learn the Art (most likely after I retire!!), I will definitely pick your brain for Mac tips]]
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby boblishman » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:30 am

Hi Ainia,

Whhoooaaa.... slow down!! Whilst I'm very flattered by your comments, we are a LONG way off from me building anything USEFUL. Blender is being a total pig. I just spent 2 hours doing some stuff for Blender to screw it all in 5 seconds. Best is, not even got a backup file. Anyway... whatever happens (or doesn't) it will be a LONG time before you see anything new from me. Thanks anyway!! :)
boblishman

Postby boblishman » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:46 am

Just to let you know ... Blender 2.49b is impossible to use in EDIT mode on Mavericks

press b to border select multiple vetices and the screen becomes unreadable ... same with bx2. Legacy stuff just fills the screen and vertices are selected at random.... just impossible to work with.

Can anyone get it to work "properly" ?
Last edited by boblishman on Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
boblishman

Postby dendwaler » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:06 am

I have never worked on a mac, but i do know that there exists a blender 2.49b version for ios (mac).
Why do you not use that one instead?
Then only export the blendfile (which i assume to be exactly the same) in your maverick version.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Christian Walther » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:09 am

Possibly building Blender from source rather than using that old binary built for 10.5 might help with that. I have no idea how complicated that is though, and it would certainly involve working in the Terminal.

dendwaler, I can’t make any sense of what you are saying. :?: iOS does not run on Macs, and I would be very surprised if there was a Blender for iOS (the user interface seems very unsuitable for a touch device). There is a Blender 2.49b for Mac OS X, and that’s exactly what boblishman is using.
Christian Walther

Postby boblishman » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:16 am

dendwaler wrote:I have never worked on a mac, but i do know that there exists a blender 2.49b version for ios (mac).
Why do you not use that one instead?
Then only export the blendfile (which i assume to be exactly the same) in your maverick version.

Hi Dendwaler,

I have no intention of being rude but:

1) iOS is not for Mac, it's for mobile devices and there is no Blender version for mobiles (unfortunately.)

2) as I stated, I am using Blender 2.49b for MAC OSX 10.9.3 (which is known as "Mavericks") which, if I'm correct, is the ONLY version that works with PyPrp 1.6.

3) I have no idea whatsoever what you mean by "only export the blendfile (which i assume to be exactly the same) in your maverick version"

EDIT: I have just seen Chritian's post ... we must have been posting simultaneously ... :)
boblishman

Postby boblishman » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:29 am

Christian Walther wrote:Possibly building Blender from source rather than using that old binary built for 10.5 might help with that. I have no idea how complicated that is though, and it would certainly involve working in the Terminal.

Thanks Christian, but I have a feeling this whole thing is dead in the water. I guess trying to use software that's (comparatively) so "old" (both Blender and PyPrp) on modern OS's is just too much. I could go down the 'model in Blender 2.71 then export as an .obj, then import into 2.49b and texture and export' route but, guess what ... that's just one (well several, actually) step too far to try and create something that only a handful of people will ever see. Not being able to use 2.49b is probably the 'camel's straw' for me ... which is a shame. :roll:
boblishman

Postby dendwaler » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:22 am

Oh sorry for being such a dombo, i did not know that.
its all a complete misunderstanding from my side.
It proves that i know nothing beside a pc running windows. :oops:
I thought ,you where using an emulator on a mac, never mind.
I wont make it worse.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

PreviousNext

Return to Building