installing psycho 1.6 on Mavericks

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: installing psycho 1.6 on Mavericks

Postby boblishman » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:14 am

Well, I may have some good news.

Having tried again this afternoon, it seems that what Blender 2.49b hates is my Magic Trackpad and Magic Mouse, and especially that I HAD them both connected at the same time.
I currently have no "ordinary" 3 wheel mouse so I think a quick trip to the shop MAY prove a worthy investment as once I disconnected my Magic Trackpad, Edit mode was not quite so unworkable. There are still legacy lines but no where near as bad as when I had the mouse and trackpad both connected. I'm hoping that a "simple" wired 3 wheel mouse will make things even better ... unfortunately, it's Sunday afternoon and the shops are closed. I'll keep you guys posted... meanwhile, I have a terrain to sculpt ;)
when it comes to Age creation ... "DOH" seems to be my middle name...
boblishman

Postby boblishman » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:09 am

USB wheel mouse - check
Working in Uru properly . check
Working in Blender properly - check
Horrible legacy lines in 3d window still there - check
Better than with MM and MP - check
Able to work on Ages ... just about ... ;)
boblishman

Postby Deledrius » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:15 am

boblishman wrote:Horrible legacy lines in 3d window still there - check

I'm unclear on what this means. Can you give a screenshot or a better description?
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby boblishman » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:37 am

Deledrius wrote:I'm unclear on what this means. Can you give a screenshot or a better description?

When you press b (for the crosshair to select multiple vertices) or b twice (for the round cursor select of multiple vertices) as you move the mouse across the screen, the cursor lines drawn by it are not cleared (legacy) until you finally right click. Then you have to HOPE you've selected what you wanted ..or try again :evil:

Show Spoiler

(you might need to right click and select "see in a new window" to see all of the screenshot, depending on your browser... its a big file because my screen resolution is 1920 x 1080 and shrinking the screen dump wouldn't show you the legacy stuff so clearly)
boblishman

Postby boblishman » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:36 am

Ainia wrote:Shorah boblishman,

I cannot begin to say how *awesomely exciting* it is to know you are back in the Age Writing business!

Best of luck!! I will be watching for further news here. :D

[[post scriptum: plus should I ever be in a position to learn the Art (most likely after I retire!!), I will definitely pick your brain for Mac tips]]

Well... seems like you CAN write Ages with only a Mac (we are a Windows-free zone) after all. Ainia, I would be happy to talk you through setting up your Mac, just PM me.

Yes, Blender is a bit buggy but you kind of get used to it... as you can see ... :D

(you may need to open this in a separate window to see the whole picture as the forum restricts the width)

I know its very "Sonovia-esque" but I'm just practicing at the moment ...

Show Spoiler
boblishman

Postby Ainia » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:41 am

boblishman wrote:

I cannot begin to say how *awesomely exciting* it is to know you are back in the Age Writing business!

Best of luck!! I will be watching for further news here. :D

[[post scriptum: plus should I ever be in a position to learn the Art (most likely after I retire!!), I will definitely pick your brain for Mac tips]]

Well... seems like you CAN write Ages with only a Mac (we are a Windows-free zone) after all. Ainia, I would be happy to talk you through setting up your Mac, just PM me.

Yes, Blender is a bit buggy but you kind of get used to it... as you can see ... :D

(you may need to open this in a separate window to see the whole picture as the forum restricts the width)

I know its very "Sonovia-esque" but I'm just practicing at the moment ...

Show Spoiler

In a word, Wohba!! :D

Maybe I'll have the time to take you up on this once I find the Cleft and sort out the broken Nexus at my web site! Wish me luck!! ;)

[[hurry, hurry, so much to do!!!]]

In the meanwhile, thanks for sharing Sonavio's little brother here. It's awesome to see you back in action!! :D :D
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby Ainia » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:26 am

Shorah boblishman,

The cat is officially out of the bag! Congratulations about Sonavio!! :D

[[Now I know why you wandered back here after your hiatus! ;) So thrilled!!]]
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby boblishman » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:10 pm

The cat is officially out of the bag! Congratulations about Sonavio!! :D

[[Now I know why you wandered back here after your hiatus! ;) So thrilled!!]]

actually ... it seems you know more than me... :o ... could you point in a direction for more info ?
boblishman

Postby kaeebonrai » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:59 am

Chloe included Sonavio in the Fan Content for MO:UL trailer. I as a member of the project was... under the impression that she had contacted you >.<
kaeebonrai

Postby boblishman » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:20 am

kaeebonrai wrote:Chloe included Sonavio in the Fan Content for MO:UL trailer. I as a member of the project was... under the impression that she had contacted you >.<

Yes, she contacted my some weeks back so I knew something was happening with it, but ... where can I see this trailer?
boblishman

PreviousNext

Return to Building