Blender 2.49b R6034 Error On Creating A New Book

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Blender 2.49b R6034 Error On Creating A New Book

Postby DreamBliss » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:52 am

When I go to Add/PyPRP/Create A New Book I get this error:
crunerror.jpg
crunerror.jpg (146.84 KiB) Viewed 5623 times

Here is what Blender's console window says:
Code: Select all
Compiled with Python version 2.6.2.
Checking for installed Python... got it!
WARNING: Python Crypto Toolkit not found!, support for Myst 5 files is disabled!!
WARNING: Python Crypto Toolkit not found!, support for Myst 5 files is disabled!!
E:\Blender Foundation\Blender32\.blender\scripts\PyPRP\prp_Functions.py:31: Deprecation Warning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead import random, md5,math, binascii, struct
WARNING: Python Crypto Toolkit not found!, You need to install it to be able to generate valid manifest files for Alcugs Dataservers
Creating default Book... Done.
Setting default Funny settings... Done.
Setting default AlcScript settings... Done. Book successfully created!

I have Blender 2.49b, Python 2.6.6, PyPRP 1.6.1, PIL 1.1.7 and PyYAML 3.1.1 - all 32-bit and running on Windows 7 64-bit.

Please let me know if this error will cause issues in building an age, and if so, how I can fix it.

Thank you!
If the spark does not desire the tinder there is no flame.
DreamBliss

Re: Blender 2.49b R6034 Error On Creating A New Book

Postby dendwaler » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:26 am

Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby DreamBliss » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:51 am

These are optional components, which I never had to install before. Nevertheless, if it stops the error, I will install them.

Thank you for the links and for your quick reply. I was not expecting such a fast response and I do appreciate it.

UPDATE! The error still pops up, now 3 times instead of one. Also it still does not find Python Crypto Toolkit.
DreamBliss

Postby DreamBliss » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:15 am

OK, installed exact versions suggested. Error now pops up just once. Blender console:

Compiled with Python version 2.6.2.
Checking for installed Python... got it!
E:\Blender Foundation\Blender32\.blender\scripts\PyPRP\prp_Functions.py:31: Deprecation Warning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead import random, md5,math, binascii, struct
E:\Python26\lib\site-packages\Crypto\Hash\SHA.py:6: Deprecation Warning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead from sha import *
Creating default Book... Done.
Setting default Funny settings... Done.
Setting default AlcScript settings... Done. Book successfully created!

UPDATE! To test I uninstalled psyco and pycrypto, then I took an age I successfully exported before, opened it in Blender, exported it again, processed it in Drizzle again, and played it. The error does not seem to have any effect on the age creation process. But I would like to know how to get rid of it.
DreamBliss

Postby dendwaler » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:36 am

Sorry but technical installation issues are definitely not my specialties.

I suspect that you installed python and the additions on your main drive c:
But you run your blender from your e: drive.
Does it see your Python libraries on drive c: at all? Or does it just use its own (limited) integrated python?
Only a suggestion, i realy don't know.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby DreamBliss » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:49 am

Hey thank you for your continuing help!

I have solved the issue and no longer get an error.

The issue is PyPRP. It can only go as high as PIL 1.1.6 for Blender 2.49b assuming you have Python 2.6.6 installed. If you had Python 2.6.5 or 2.6.4 you would need the PIL version for that build of Python. Additionally it can only go as high as PyYAML 3.1.0 for Blender 2.49b assuming you have Python 2.6.6 installed. Once again, if you have Python 2.6.5 or 2.6.4 you would need the PyYAML version for that build of Python.

Essentially whoever dropped the reigns on PyPRP shot us all in the foot, because it only works with certain builds of Blender, Python, PIL, PyYAML, psyco and PyCrypto. As all of these except Blender 2.49b get updated, things get more and more complicated. Age building is already hard enough, and now new builders have to deal with this mess.

It would be extremely nice if someone compiled Blender 2.49b for the latest build of Python 2x, and compiled PyPRP for the latest build of these other programs. In fact, there is room here for a GOW custom build of Blender that has everything updated and installed for not only Windows, but other OSes as well. Even for 64-bit versions. I can't imagine it is all that difficult for an experienced coder to do this. Heck, if I knew how to program I would gladly spend the time on this! Make it very easy for newbies to come in and get everything they need in one file! While we all wait with bated breath for Korman so we can throw Blender 2.49b out the window.

Anyhow this information, which I have just verified and tested, should be posted at the relevant pages in the wiki. I don't think I have access but I will check.
DreamBliss

Postby DreamBliss » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:02 am

PyPRP Installing page now updated for Windows section. I will leave it up to someone else to deal with the Mac part:
http://www.guildofwriters.org/wiki/PyPRP:Installing

Mod Note: Removed redundant font size
DreamBliss

Postby Luna » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:59 am

I would say that "certain" build of blender isn't true. The latest version of the blender 2.4 series (2.49b) was simply never compiled with a newer version of python than 2.6.
PyPRP needs to match the python version of Blender. 3th party libraries need to match the version of PyPRP.

It isn't just new people who need to deal with a mess, age building has always been a mess. You're building a level for a game that's closed-source(in the case of Uru CC) and wasn't made with the intention of modding. This is not the right game to mod if you want something "easy".

Even if PyPRP 1.6 would still work with Blender 64 bit or was easy to adapt (hint. it isn't) those extra 32 bits aren't going to be a huge speedbump or anything. Lots of programs are still 32 bit. You make it sound like building custom builds of blender is easy, like building for multiple OS's is easy. For every OS you want to build for you need to have access to the OS(and 32/64 bit versions of those) and setup the build environment. There is no official build server so this would need to happen by hand every time one of those libraries got updated. There are no people to do that.
long longestTimeWithoutPlayingMoula = (new Date()) - (new Date(2014, 9, 26));
Luna

Return to Building