Update on what I've been working on

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Update on what I've been working on

Postby Tweek » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:11 pm

It's been a while since I've posted anything regarding progress of my Ages and whatnot.

I have a tendency to cycle through projects, working a fair amount on one Age before moving to another, and then another, and so forth. Mainly because I have a lot of projects I want to get done but also so I don't get too burnt out on a single location.

At the moment I am cycling between a new build of Fehnir's House, Fahets, and Fehrehmto (I really like my F's apparently)

Fehnir's house has received a lot of work in the new build. I've scaled the room up slightly and retextured a lot with better textures. As well as adding new lighting/lightmaps and buildings to better reflect that it is in the city.

I've also been working on a secondary room which will factor in when Ahryahn and Lehns are added.

Fehrehmto is another Age I've been working on, very Bahro inspired. It's a small Age which will house the IC version of me's Bahro Research.

And finally Fahets. I've now rebuilt Fahets a good 6 or 7 times, it took me a long time to be able to expand the Age in a manner that I liked. The basin from the original version is there, albeit heavily changed and there is a good more area to explore (it's about 4 or 5 times bigger than it was originally). I've replaced a lot of the textures with better versions and updated the models on the Norapods to make them a bit more plant like. There's a crap tonne of new wildlife added and I'm hoping to introduce a rudimentary puzzle of sorts. I'm also introducing FahetsCove (which you can only get to via Linking which will be small area tied to the story of the Age) and later FahetsVale which is a dangerous area of Fahets which at first will include a Pod like from the pod Ages and perhaps later will allow access to the area outside but only with a maintainer suit (poisonous atmosphere in that area).

Still got a fair amount of work to do on these Ages, haven't finalized lighting (although Fahets will remain dark as I like the atmosphere it creates) and need to implement animations on a few things.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Re: Update on what I've been working on

Postby Doobes » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:06 pm

Sweet merciful Yahvo...I am in awe of ALL of it, Tweek. :o Fantastic work! Keep us posted with more...MORE MORE MORE! :D
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby Sirius » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:33 am

:shock: :o

Tweek, your're awesome. Seriously.

Fahets remind me of the forest in Riven.
Sirius

Postby janaba » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:39 am

Your F's are awesome, Tweek, and what a mighty makeover and transformation they have undergone ... :P

I've just said it on the MOUL forums and I'm saying it here again:

'This is gorgeous, unearthly beauty, this is dazzling ingenuity and artfulness, this is excellence ... this is Tweek ... Thanks for sharing ... :) '
janaba

Postby cskid13 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:15 am

WOAH. Incredible job, Tweek. I wish I was as skilled and as dedicated as you. Please release these soon so we can add these to the Gehn shard!
cskid13

Postby Acorn » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:12 pm

amazing work :D
Acorn

Postby Annabelle » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:12 pm

Woah!!!!

So lovely and gorgeous and amazing and... (add whatever adjective that goes the same way)

I love it already (although...I'm already sold to the product ;) )

It seems the future of Fan-made ages is going to be great!!! With the recent additions and the ones that are in WIP mode, I foresee many hours of discoveries, exploration, & enjoyment! :D
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Dulcamara » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:13 am

Fahets has always been one of my favorite Fanages. I love green ..... :D
When I read that you wanted to improve it, I thought to myself, why. :shock:
It's beautiful, the way it is.
But what you have now pulled out of this world is simply gigantic. I have no words.
The colors, the variety of plants, everything just wonderful :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

But the other F Ages bear witness to great talent and imagination power.
I think you are a true artist.
Dulcamara

Postby Deledrius » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:43 am

Dulcamara wrote:I think you are a true artist.

I agree with this assessment.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Yali » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:59 am

Tweek, just a suggestion... while you want to keep Fahets dark, I think what would really make it pop are orange lights in the lanterns on the bridges, sort of like the original Direbo screenshots. It would add some nice contrast to the very purpleish Age. ;)
Yali

Next

Return to Building