If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Postby Karkadann » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:26 am

Here is the first draft of the Avatar animation file. It should have everything you need except the PageInfo component, it is all the avatar animation I could figure out with the exception of the swinging door. One Max 7 file and one jpg file, I left the Page info component out/ IE the age file so you can use your own prefix. Keep in mind this is only the first draft, nothing is textured except the floor which has tiles at 5x5 and a kickable at 2x2x6 to add some perspective.

I was thinking of posting it with the Blender Avatar animation file assuming I can figure out how and was hoping to get some people to critique it to make sure everything is working properly and I did not miss anything before hand.
The links are set to the Nexus I hope thats OK

Last edited by Karkadann on Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Re: Avatar Animations for Max

Postby Deledrius » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:15 pm

That's awesome! Thanks for making this! I can definitely find this to be useful. I assume these are all measured out to be at the correct positions to line up properly?

8-)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Karkadann » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:37 am

Measurements? um I was using a camera and camera region to line everything up, I still might need to work on a few animation curves and positioning but its close enough for a first draft.
The original idea was to set up a Max file so that if say you wanted a floor peddle in your age in this case all you would have to do is
go to File/Merge/pic the AvatarAnimation file/click open/highlight all the floor peddle stuff/click ok and your good to go. it imports the mesh, texture, components and the animation
and you have a working floor peddle in your age from their all you hafta do is position it where you need it wire it in to what ever you wanted it to do and with a bit of customization
you have yourself a floor peddle quick and easy instead of making the whole thing from scratch every time its a bit of a time saver
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Karkadann

Postby Karkadann » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:29 am

Well I still have not figured out the swinging door.....yet however I did add a few ladders, edited a few of the animations and rearanged things a bit to make it a bit less counter intuitive

Next I'm gonna try to make a Max file with stuff that is frequently found throughout the cavern like traffic barriers book-stands etc perhaps a few flame particle systems
Kinda like a supply room of odds and ends
Karkadann

Return to Building