Global Animations

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Global Animations

Postby Karkadann » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:13 pm

Does any one know how to add a new animation to the global animation age file? I figured out how to edit an existing animation prp files
where the AV does something different then it originally did typing in the same thing, but have not figured out how to add new animations prp files successfully.

I had an idea for a zip line where the AV reaches up, grabs the a handle, rides on a rope to the other end and lets go "similar to the way the scope animation works" but have had no luck adding a new animation.
I noticed the offline KI adds new animations to the age file at the bottom that are not their on the unDrizzled version but have not figure out how to do it my self.
I have added prp files to other age files successfully but those where object. This one seems to be a bit of a mystery. Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance
Last edited by Karkadann on Fri May 22, 2015 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Re: Global Animations

Postby Sirius » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:24 am

Well, most of the time, it's possible to add the avatar animation directly to your Age instead of in the GlobalAnimations Age (and that's probably what Shard admins would want too). Ages like Ahnonay or Gahreesen do this. Cyan usually places these in their own PRP though. There must be a way to do it directly in Max, I guess.

Usually placing these in the .age file is enough (no matter whether it's your Age or the GlobalAnimations one), just make sure there isn't a trailing ",1" after the page ID (the "1" means the page must not be loaded - that's to circumvent problems with un-drizzled versions where animations don't exist. In your case you don't need to use it).
Sirius

Postby Karkadann » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:46 am

Drizzle does not seem to like the Emote or Compound animation components when I try adding it as a prp file to my testing age
Show Spoiler

similar to this
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6213&start=50
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Karkadann

Postby Sirius » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:38 am

Well that's unusual. It should be able to convert custom animations, since it does so for Myst online emotes (which should be the same thing, and also contains plSimpleRotController which cause the issue).

Hmmm... Maybe you could try using the MOUL conversion for this ? The "Process a single file" in "Advanced→Manual Conversion→MOUL".

If that still doesn't work, you could try attaching the PRP here and I'll have a look at it.
Sirius

Postby Karkadann » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:37 pm

If that still doesn't work, you could try attaching the PRP here and I'll have a look at it.

I would but im not sure there gonna let me, any who I got a bit distracted by the xShootableGun.py, If the bullet is similar to the footprint I may have forked something up on my end, short of that I have an idea for a one shot cannon making hole in a wall to a new area I just havta figure out a proxy in front of the simples/wall thats there before it gets hit by the cannonball and is disabled when you fire the cannon so the cannonball/simple looks like it just made a hole in a wall to a new area.

I have noticed the fewer simples there are the farther the cannon ball (propelled by a small animated proxy terrain similar to the coconuts in the Chess age) will travel perhaps if I put the simples/wall in its own prp file. then there is the issue of the smoke from the cannon. I never figured out how to turn the particle systems on and off.
Karkadann

Postby Deledrius » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:41 pm

Karkadann wrote:

I would but im not sure there gonna let me

If it's your own data, and it sounds that it is, there is no problem sharing it. We just don't want people passing around stuff that belongs to Cyan without their permission.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Karkadann » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:25 pm

We just don't want people passing around stuff that belongs to Cyan without their permission.

Wouldn't dream of it :D
Karkadann

Return to Building