Sprites Issues

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: Sprites Issues

Postby Karkadann » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:06 pm

I do, all I need is the mesh and texture of the item, the prefix number and maybe the dat files which would not be necessary but would be helpful
the only thing is you might hafta do the texturing, vertex painting, any mesh colour values first and we need to figure out what file blender can export and max can import
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Tweek » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:10 pm

I need to be able to make tweaks to it on the fly (placement, texturing, vertex painting, any mesh colour values) to make it look right.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby Sirius » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:16 pm

Karkadann wrote:I do, all I need is the mesh and texture of the item, the prefix number and maybe the dat files which would not be necessary but would be helpful
Well, that would work, but it would be a lot of trouble just for sprites. It's best to only use it when the Age is ready to be released and there really isn't any alternative.

Tweek, I take it you want a long, narrow sprite used as a lightbeam which only rotates on the vertical axis ? (like the ones in the Kadish Tolesa forest, or as the imager in the CC version of the Watcher's Pub). I just tested, and managed to get it working (these things love to break because of any wrong flag or rotation...).
If that's what you're looking for, here is the blend file I used.
Sirius

Postby Tweek » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:45 pm

Yeah that's the kind of sprite I was looking for. Originally needed to use it in Fehnir's house but I have more and more areas/Ages that require it now.

I'll take a look at that .blend, thanks.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby dendwaler » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:51 am

Hi,
I did also prepar a little example age.
This one was with another kind of sprite.
In Blender you can change the orientation between:
Global, Local, Normal and View.
Choose Normal.
I noticed that you get optimal results as the Y axis of the Normal is facing
exactly away from the center of the worldaxis. This can be done by rotating the center of the sprite_object
in edit mode.

I saw Sirius was faster and also gave a reply, i integrated his file into this file , because we have here two different approches.
The dat files are also included for anyone who is interested in the result.
Attachments
Sprite age.7z
(1.7 MiB) Downloaded 298 times
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Previous

Return to Building