New Age under construction : "Tsaew"

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: New Age under construction : "Tsaew"

Postby Sirius » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:03 am

Doobes wrote:I've wanted to write up a tutorial on stencils, but I've been having troubles with 2.74's version of texture painting. Unless I'm missing something, they've made it far more complicated than it should be.
I've had some trouble too, it seems from now on you must use paint slots:
Stenciling exports without any problem in Korman, and looks as good as it should in Uru :D
Sirius

Postby diafero » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:54 am

Hey wow, welcome back, Aloys :-) . It's pretty much impossible to ever really leave Uru, isn't it? :D
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Deledrius » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:09 pm

That's how you do texture painting stencils? Thanks, I was trying to figure that out! The only way I knew involved the material nodes and texture paint channels, which Korman doesn't use.

Aloys - that seems really cool so far. I look forward to seeing it develop! I like the compact nature, and that you seem to have some interactivity and gameplay intent for it. We could really use more of that!
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Aloys » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:05 pm

Hoikas wrote:A ton of stuff is still undocumented.

Yeah, I expected that at such an early stage. Is it safe to assume that what worked in PyPRP still works the same way in Korman? (Alcscript-related features aside, obviously)

diafero wrote:Hey wow, welcome back, Aloys :-) . It's pretty much impossible to ever really leave Uru, isn't it? :D

Hiya. :) With Korman in its current state I don't think I'll be able to make enough progress on the Age to complete it in two weeks as I hoped. Still there's enough working to really make me want to dabble with Age building again.. :)
Aloys

Previous

Return to Building