Replacing Textures in PRPTool 0.2

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Replacing Textures in PRPTool 0.2

Postby cskid13 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:37 pm

Is this possible? I'm trying to create my own neighborhood with a different color scheme, to tie in to the storyline I'm working on. Unfortunately, I can export textures, but PRPTool isn't letting me re-import them. Any idea what the problem may be? Thanks in advance!
cskid13

Re: Replacing Textures in PRPTool 0.2

Postby Karkadann » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:22 pm

Iv seen people do that with smaller Cyan ages, they may have used an age importer
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby cskid13 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:45 am

As far as I know, it should be possible in PRPTool... I mean, the option is available in the menu, it is just grayed out. And I swear I did it before awhile ago... it just isn't working now. *sigh*

Edit: Aaaaah!!! I'm sending this from my university, and apparently this IP was blocked...
cskid13

Postby Dulcamara » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:00 am

Hello Cskid13 :)

yes it is possible to import the Neighborhoodage or other Uruages in Blender.
You need the PypRP Importer
PyPRPImport.7z
(200.91 KiB) Downloaded 283 times

go to your Blender Installation. Open it go to the Folder .blender
Open it, then to scripts
open it and put PyPRP Import in this Folder.

Show Spoiler

Show Spoiler

If you have installed the PyPRP Importer you have the option Import.
It opens the PyPRP Importer. Now you can select Full age or Singl PRP. Go to your Offline installation Folder and open the dat file.
If you want to import neighboorhood you can choose FullAge because it is not a large age. In other ages, it is better to take Singl PRP.

I hope i could help you
Please ask if there are questions
Greetings
Dulcamara
Dulcamara

Postby cskid13 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:09 pm

Thanks! I think I'd prefer not to import the entire age, just because it will not re-export correctly. My hope is that I can use PlasmaShop and edit only the textures so that the age will basically be an alternate neighborhood with a different color scheme.
cskid13

Postby GPNMilano » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:20 pm

Changing out the textures will not really do much to affect the lightning. Kirel for instance has the same textures as the normal hood. The difference in color comes from the vertex colors that are baked onto the meshes at the time of export, not from the textures themselves. You can try and replace the textures with a darker color, but it will still retain the same basic color scheme as the hoods, just with a orangish color applied over the new texture's color.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Return to Building