The Memorial Age

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: Sheten Reovtee - The Memorial Age

Postby Ehren » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:28 pm

Doesn't the KI-slot type of Nexus pedestal make no sense in this location? For one thing, if you can get to the KI slot itself, than you must already have a link to the age.

But now I'm wondering about something else. That kind of Nexus terminal is built into the wall itself with an arch so does that mean the D'ni put it there? I suppose I thought this was supposed to be an explorer written age because...

Don't we face a "defacing" problem story-wise?

If this was originally a D'ni memorial age, then is the idea that D'ni names being replaced with explorer names?
Ehren

Postby Tweek » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:04 am

Full Nexus terminals within an area located outside of D'ni, i.e., Ages would probably have been unlikely.

KI slot within the cavern makes sense as it allows citizens to set waypoints within the cavern for ease of transport (If one lived in the City Proper and had a friend in the Ae'gura ferry terminal then logging the closest Nexus terminal would make seeing said friend easier to get to). Within Ages it's more complicated due to ownership, people might not want others to be able to access their Ages whenever they feel like it if they've tagged a Nexus terminal within that Age.

Within the Ages you would only need a Nexus Book itself as once you're in the Nexus the terminal there would sort you out. Unfortunately the only examples of Nexus books being within the various Ages were put there by the DRC themselves. Had D'ni survived a little longer and had implemented the KI/Nexus system to full we would have been able to see their plans.

However, Gahreesen was the furthest along in terms of KI implementation, due to being the place where citizens would pick their KIs up, and there is no Nexus terminal in site.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby Doobes » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:03 am

This is a good point. I'll probably replace it with a regular book pedestal with a Nexus book at some point in the near future. Right now, focus has shifted to the Pub for some revamps and additions, but I'll soon be back to Sheten Reovtee at some point soon. ;)
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Previous

Return to Building