Korman error - building my first age

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Korman error - building my first age

Postby Yali » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:59 pm

So I decided to try my hand at Korman today. Made myself a little test age:

Show Spoiler

Except I get this error after following the tutorial. I'm not quite sure what the problem is. Anyone know what the error message is indicating?

Also, I want to import some Uru .age files to add some clutter like in K'veer where I think it would spruce up the environment but I can't find the "import .age" option.
Yali

Re: Korman error - building my first age

Postby Sirius » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:31 pm

Wow, nice display ! Must be nice to build in Blender at such resolution :)

The error is probably because you have an Area lamp in your scene, and Korman doesn't know what to do with it since there is no equivalent in Plasma. Change the lamp type (Cone might work, Point and Sun do), or don't set it as a Plasma object and it should fix it.
(BTW: instead of taking a picture of the error box as it pops up, you can simply use Window→Toggle System Console. Easier to take a picture of it before it disappears...)

As for importing Ages: Korman can't do it, you'll have to use the old PyPRP for this. You can then reopen the file in Blender 2.7 after saving it.
(Importing Ages to Blender is at least as tricky as exporting to Uru, because of how different Plasma and Blender are. Since PyPRP does a pretty good job already, there is no need to rewrite it from scratch for Korman.)
Sirius

Postby Yali » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:11 pm

Changed it to point light and now I get this when exporting:

error2.jpg
error2.jpg (110.42 KiB) Viewed 2861 times
Yali

Postby Sirius » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:47 am

Hmmm, this error should occur for empty images, which have a size of 0x0 pixels (at least, this is the only case for which log() might fail). Or maybe it's a corrupted or missing texture, since having an image with no pixel in it sounds weird.
Have a look at YourAge_Export.log, in your Uru DAT folder. The last line should look something like "[Mipmap 'ImageName']", this should give you the name of the problematic texture.
Sirius

Return to Building