Korman: wanted features

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: Korman: wanted features

Postby J'Kla » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:51 pm

I have built a cut down version of the age I have called Yarbil it has been minimized to make it quicker to load and test. All of the journals are in this smaller area.

It makes it at least shorter to analyze and the export behavior appears to be the same I have added it here.

[edit]
I have checked the first big Journal Walker01 this is the one that did work it is 4,772 words 25,081 Characters including spaces.

I just want to reiterate there is no urgency for this I can do all my testing with the MOUL export.
[/edit]

[edit2]
I did a hatchet job on the second Walker Journal Walker02 just to test as it was originally longer than Walker01 I cut it back to 4518 Words 23,540 Characters no change.
[/edit2]
Attachments
Yarbil_export.log
(49.66 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
J'Kla

Postby Deledrius » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:26 pm

So neither of those cause the error/missing content for you?
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby J'Kla » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:36 am

It is strange that it works for the MOUL export and not the PotS

I have to assume it is not some string in the text because from my standpoint I would think that such an issue would effect both formats.

The first six Walker books were embedded in "Until Uru" as a proof of concept by Dlanor back in circa 2004 (don't ask for the exact date my senility will kick in) but that was a Python process.

The point about that is that even back then the engine was handling blocks of text that size.

Plus there is something else that I think is slightly related (the link is tenuous at best) under MOUL the floor in that section is solid perfect however, in PotS it has holes (not visible) more like the glitches the skydiving group utilize.

I am inclined to have this on a back burner as I could fix this with a multiple invisible surfaces but I just thought it should be mentioned.

It is silly but If I had somewhere and some method so I could post the MOUL output for others to test (like a Deep Island or Drizzle for the MOUL version) I would probably not bother with the PotS but if it is in Drizzle/Deep Island I see it as easier for others to test

Plus my older version has been languishing in an un-updated on the Drizzle server and therefore by default the Deep Island since 2011.

[edit]
Just a thought could there be some buffer or space limit on how much text can be held or transferred into the agerescources folder that is not an issue with MOUL because it uses the .loc Localization process (NOTE) I do not actually have a clue it is just an idea I am throwing into the ring.
[/edit]
J'Kla

Postby Deledrius » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:40 pm

J'Kla wrote:[edit]
Just a thought could there be some buffer or space limit on how much text can be held or transferred into the agerescources folder that is not an issue with MOUL because it uses the .loc Localization process (NOTE) I do not actually have a clue it is just an idea I am throwing into the ring.
[/edit]

Instead of guessing, if you provide an export log from the PotS export where the journals fail to export, we may be able to pinpoint the issue.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby J'Kla » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:23 pm

Look at the posts.

It was attached 26 minutes after Hoikas asked for it.
J'Kla

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:51 pm

It looks like you have several journals that you did not mark for export to Path of the Shell. The default is to only export to MOUL it seems--you'll have to select PotS manually until this is changed.

PORTING: Object 'Cell 1000 WalkerBook05' has a JournalMod not enabled for export to the selected engine. Skipping.
PORTING: Object 'Cell 1000 GibsonBook03' has a JournalMod not enabled for export to the selected engine. Skipping.
PORTING: Object 'Cell 1000 WalkerBook23' has a JournalMod not enabled for export to the selected engine. Skipping.
PORTING: Object 'Cell 1000 WalkerBook24' has a JournalMod not enabled for export to the selected engine. Skipping.
PORTING: Object 'Cell 1000 WalkerBook18' has a JournalMod not enabled for export to the selected engine. Skipping.
PORTING: Object 'Cell 1000 WalkerBook20' has a JournalMod not enabled for export to the selected engine. Skipping.
PORTING: Object 'Cell 1000 WalkerBook22' has a JournalMod not enabled for export to the selected engine. Skipping.
PORTING: Object 'Cell 1000 WalkerBook19' has a JournalMod not enabled for export to the selected engine. Skipping.
PORTING: Object 'Cell 1000 WalkerBook17' has a JournalMod not enabled for export to the selected engine. Skipping.
PORTING: Object 'Cell 1000 WalkerBook15' has a JournalMod not enabled for export to the selected engine. Skipping.
PORTING: Object 'Cell 1000 WalkerBook14' has a JournalMod not enabled for export to the selected engine. Skipping.
PORTING: Object 'Cell 1000 WalkerBook16' has a JournalMod not enabled for export to the selected engine. Skipping.
PORTING: Object 'Cell 1000 WalkerBook13' has a JournalMod not enabled for export to the selected engine. Skipping.
PORTING: Object 'Cell 1000 WalkerBook10' has a JournalMod not enabled for export to the selected engine. Skipping.
PORTING: Object 'Cell 1000 WalkerBook12' has a JournalMod not enabled for export to the selected engine. Skipping.
PORTING: Object 'Cell 1000 WalkerBook09' has a JournalMod not enabled for export to the selected engine. Skipping.
PORTING: Object 'Cell 1000 WalkerBook08' has a JournalMod not enabled for export to the selected engine. Skipping.
PORTING: Object 'Cell 1000 WalkerBook11' has a JournalMod not enabled for export to the selected engine. Skipping.
PORTING: Object 'Cell 1000 WalkerBook07' has a JournalMod not enabled for export to the selected engine. Skipping.
PORTING: Object 'Cell 1000 WalkerBook21' has a JournalMod not enabled for export to the selected engine. Skipping.
PORTING: Object 'Cell 1000 WalkerBook06' has a JournalMod not enabled for export to the selected engine. Skipping.
PORTING: Object 'Cell 1000 WalkerBook03' has a JournalMod not enabled for export to the selected engine. Skipping.
PORTING: Object 'Cell 1000 WalkerBook04' has a JournalMod not enabled for export to the selected engine. Skipping.
PORTING: Object 'Cell 1000 WalkerBook02' has a JournalMod not enabled for export to the selected engine. Skipping.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Doobes » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:54 pm

Looking at your export log, I came across this:

PORTING: Object 'Cell 1000 WalkerBook05' has a JournalMod not enabled for export to the selected engine. Skipping.

This means your journal mod doesn't have PotS selected in its export targets.

In the picture below, you'll see you can select any version of URU to export your journal to by first clicking on Export Targets. Make sure Path of the Shell is checked as well.

Hopefully, that'll do the trick.
Attachments
JournalMod01.jpg
JournalMod01.jpg (49 KiB) Viewed 3557 times
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby Deledrius » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:57 pm

J'Kla wrote:Look at the posts.

It was attached 26 minutes after Hoikas asked for it.

Sorry, I misunderstood the context. Looks like others have found the source of your trouble. :)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby J'Kla » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:22 pm

OK that sounds viable but what I find odd is that I was not aware of having done that for the files that did export.

Note I am not saying that this is not the answer.

For tonight I can't get to it but I will as soon as I can. ;)

No problem Deledrius it is easy to miss stuff. :)
J'Kla

Postby Doobes » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:11 pm

J'Kla wrote:OK that sounds viable but what I find odd is that I was not aware of having done that for the files that did export.

Tsar Hoikas wrote:The default is to only export to MOUL it seems--you'll have to select PotS manually until this is changed.

That's why MOUL worked but PotS didn't. ;)
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

PreviousNext

Return to Building