The Cathedral Released!

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: The Cathedral Released!

Postby gchaser » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:10 pm

dendwaler, I am very, very impressed with the Cathedral. I explored as much as I could in a couple of hours yesterday, and I am going back
again today for more. Intricate work, incredible details.....you are very talented and we explorers are extremely fortunate to have dedicated
artists like yourself creating these awesome ages for us. Keep up the beautiful work - Cyan needs to take notice and give you a call...!!!
gchaser

Postby Acorn » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:46 pm

Thank you denDwaler and janaba, I've got it working! Now to explore :D

edited: aaaand - it's amazing! Well done, denDwaler. I love the stained glass everywhere, and the beautiful objects and decorations. The music too. I've unlocked the credits and may I also say congratulations to all those who helped - including those sly beta testers who didn't tell us what they were up to! :lol:

I still have more of the puzzles to solve, but it's good to have more to do! :D
Acorn

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:36 am

sound amazing but i always play with Kirk and we would wait to play it online together. any ideas when that might happen ? pretty please, thanks
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby dendwaler » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:20 am

Hi Zesty,
The choise to play is yours.
If i would release this age as a multiplayer then you will likely enter the cathedral and find it in a ( partly) solved state.
Solved by someone that entered it before you.
May be that later i can rework the age, then with multiplayer fun,but without puzzlefun.

Before i can do that, others must first have had their chance to play it in its full glory, and that is in a private instancy.
May be that those who have played and finished it, can also give an opinion on what is best to do.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Wamduskasapa » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:16 am

As a multi-Player Age, I would suggest having it set up so that it MUST be solved in one setting, otherwise it resets to the begining
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Korovev » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:33 am

Wamduskasapa wrote:As a multi-Player Age, I would suggest having it set up so that it MUST be solved in one setting, otherwise it resets to the begining

That’s a very bad idea for offline players, though, unless the UAM server can provide different versions. Jhon J. Jaguar added spawn points to Lonirvan for the same reason, maybe dendwaler could do something similar.
My suggestion is to delay the online release a few weeks, then set an Age Solving event (hint: next Saturday there’s the AGM ;) ).
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby dendwaler » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:59 am

hmm, did you play it korovev?
If you did, you could know that spawn points does not solve the main problem
(which i can't mention without spoiling)
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Korovev » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:27 pm

Fair point, it was just an idea. I made it to the credits, so far :) . Great work!

That dilemma is the (unsolvable?) problem with puzzles and multiplay, unfortunately.

But the objection stands: having to solve it in one go would be a big put off for many offline players.
Korovev

Postby Karkadann » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:50 pm

Im pretty sure their is a way to put it on a shard with out making it a multi player age, similar to the Cleft age
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Korovev » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:43 pm

I might be wrong, but my understanding is that all Fan Ages are shared, at least on DI.

Maybe there could be a sort of user-controlled flag at the start, “Age in use, please don’t reset!”. Or the reset command could be disabled if more than one explorer is in the same Age.

In fact, such a flag would be useful in a few other ages, too.
Korovev

PreviousNext

Return to Building