FBX Plugin & Converter

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

FBX Plugin & Converter

Postby J'Kla » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:03 pm

Does anyone know where I can get the FBX Plugin and the FBX Converter for 3Ds Max Version 8 None of the existing links work.

Actually they do work they link to the Autodesk page that says it can't find what you are looking for and that is because Autodesk have decided to cut off all support for any 32bit version of 3Ds Max So that is versions 7, 8, 9, & 2009.

They have effectively killed off all legacy support and they advise any inquiries that they no longer support 32bit versions and that you need to look at the sparkly new 64bit ones Since anyone wishing to port Blender built ages to 3Ds Max so that they can use the closed source tools provided by Cyan need to use versions 7 or 8 of 3Ds Max without the FBX stuff what was a difficult migration has become almost impossible.

I have found one method but that converts your age into a single object.
J'Kla

Re: FBX Plugin & Converter

Postby Karkadann » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:23 pm

Im not sure if this is what your looking for but take a look at this site

http://www.maxplugins.de/max8.php

http://www.maxplugins.de/max8.php?searc ... ort=Author

Somebody here must have a copy of the converter, I personally never downloaded the one for Max 8
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby J'Kla » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:42 pm

Thanks for the attempt Karkadann :(

It is a near miss. If you follow the link and enter FBX in the search it bring up one Import Plugin link and that is just another broken link to the Autodesk it links to all the later Plugins but does not include any of the 32bit ones.

CORECTION I may have found the Plugin I am investigating..

[Update Edit]
The Plugin is valid and it loads into 3Ds Max without error There is a FBX 2013.3 Converter for Windows and there is as second one thats specificaly labled Windows64 however when you load the one thats not specificaly 64 bit none of the output options include 3Ds Max 8

That site would be a good location to put any software should we find it.

Someone must have a copy of both the plugin and the conversion software.

You say you never downloaded the Version 8 copy did you do any of the others a version 7 or 9 copy may provide a route to 8 even if it is convoluted?
J'Kla

Postby Karkadann » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:57 am

I have a copy of
FBX200611_1_3DSMAX70_WIN_ENU
and
FBX200611_1_CONVERTER_WIN

if you want them, I might be able to post a download on the thread if ts ok with the admin
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Karkadann

Postby J'Kla » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:29 am

I am working with 3Ds Max8 but I will PM you an email If all else fails I will downgrade to 3Ds Max 7 to get a work around
J'Kla

Postby Karkadann » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:18 am

Sent......

nope gotta MAILER-DAEMON
This message was blocked because its content presents a potential security issue.

lemme try another EMail address

sent........................... I hope

Nope same thing

got on more idea

Check PM

I think I forgot to put them in a zip file :oops:

Wow to much coffee or maybe not enough
Karkadann

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:10 pm

It would probably work better to upload the files to something like dropbox. Emailing executable files is like walking through a minefield at this point.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Karkadann » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:35 pm

Murphy's law, the short cut is always a mind field, any how I zipped them up in a .rar file I think the Email went threw, I didn't get a MAILER-DAEMON but I haven't heard from him so I assume no news is good news.

I was wondering if you feel like hosting them on this site since its not available from the usual sources, I got the ones for Max 7 and I know somebody out there has the ones for Max 8
Karkadann

Postby J'Kla » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:00 am

Yep the RAR file arrived OK and I have not unpacked this yet as I am still hoping for a copy for 3Ds Max 8 if nothing else I will archive that copy for 3Ds Max 7.

The ones for 3Ds Max 9 and the 2009 ones are also missing basically the addons for the 32bit versions.

As for hosting them here that is your call Hoikas maybe it would be better to make it an addition to the Wiki once I have copies I will investigate adding the data to the Open Uru Wiki it would probably be a good idea for redundancy sake for the data to be in two places.

So to confirm the Broken links are to the FBX Plugin and FBX Converter for

3Ds Max 7 (Aquired)
3Ds Max 8 (Plugin Aquired Converter Still missing)
3Ds Max 9 (Still missing)
3Ds Max 2009 (Still missing)
J'Kla

Postby Emor D'ni Lap » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:46 pm

Hello J'Kla -

I've had good luck with file transfers to Max 7 & 8 with the current version of the FBX Convertor, using the approach outlined in this post from a year ago.
No, this does not export a .max file, but the resultant .fbx files import to 7 & 8 just fine in my experience.
Hope that works for you, too!
Emor D'ni Lap

Next

Return to Building