Mirrors (2014 Riven-style build) (Unfinished)

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Mirrors (2014 Riven-style build) (Unfinished)

Postby Yali » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:56 pm

So I dug this up today...

Mirrors - Unfinished build

This was back when I was first constructing Mirrors, my own IP influenced by Myst. However this was when it was still tethered to the Myst franchise as a fan game. Since then I've reworked the lore and expanded the story and saga to be its own thing.

Mirrors blog

Before I got into Unreal I was planning to build this like Riven in Adventure Maker. When I realized I had made some errors in my renders and knew that I would have to re-render each shot which might take hours I said screw it and downloaded Unreal. About a year later is when I started working on my Darka room environment.

So enjoy this little tidbit of what could've been. I still like its late 90s charm and I would love to make a pre-rendered game if only out of nostalgia for Riven, only with higher resolution stills.
Yali

Re: Mirrors (2014 Riven-style build) (Unfinished)

Postby Sirius » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:19 am

Seems it didn't install correctly on my machine. It displayed some error about registering files, and when I run the executable it created, I get:
Run-time error '-2147319779 (8002801d)':

Automation error
Application-defined or object-defined error
Sirius

Return to Building