[Blender] Use a PRP file into different ages?

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

[Blender] Use a PRP file into different ages?

Postby Maroonroon » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:47 am

Hello :)

Is it possible/autorized to use a PRP file (of mine) into different ages?
If it is, can you please tell me how to do?

My ages are built with [Blender 2.49b + PyPRP] to be played on Complete Chronicles, and will be converted using [Blender 2.77a + Korman] to be played on Moul.
Maroonroon

Re: [Blender] Use a PRP file into different ages?

Postby Sirius » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:56 am

Depends how you do it and what you do with it...
If you own the Age in which the PRP must be loaded, it's ok and possible, although you'll need a bit of Python scripting. You need to attach the Python script to an object in the target Age, and call PtPageInNode() and PtPageOutNode() for loading and unloading the PRP file, if I remember correctly. You can try it out using the Offline-KI: type '/exec PtPageInNode("YourPrpFile")', where YourPrpFile is the name of the file minus the extension and everything before _District_. For instance, to load MyAge_District_MyPRP.prp, you'd need to call PtPageInNode("MyPRP").

But the script containing the PtPageInNode instruction MUST be added to the target Age, not the PRP you're trying to load. If you can't edit the target Age, then it's not possible.
Also, it's worth noting the whole game will freeze while loading the PRP.
Sirius

Re: [Blender] Use a PRP file into different ages?

Postby Maroonroon » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:53 am

Thank you Sirius. :)
Maroonroon

Return to Building