New Age ready for testing (Terahgrahm)

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: New Age ready for testing (Terahgrahm)

Postby Semjay » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:13 pm

This is the updated version as of 24th July 2019.
This includes new Visibility Regions to make the game run faster
Unnecessary sound files have been deleted
Deep Water sfx added
Metal ladder footsteps sfx added

Here's the link:
zip file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eoskll2rz18gf ... 3.zip?dl=0

Link disabled @ 3rd March 2021
Last edited by Semjay on Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Semjay

Postby diafero » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:43 pm

I put the new version on DI. :) If there are no problems with it, I can also add it to UAM.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Semjay » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:53 am

TerahgrahmPostcard.jpg
TerahgrahmPostcard.jpg (50.06 KiB) Viewed 3855 times

I've just finished a major overhaul for Terahgrahm. It was my first venture into Age-making and 3D modelling and looking back, I have learned so much since then. So I took an ax to it and rebuilt. Hopefully you'll agree it looks a lot better and runs faster.

Updates @ 3rd March 2021 include:

Use of proper URU textures/materials (some adapted)
Structural rebuild
All gates are now operational
New lighting and shadows
New vis regions
New puzzle
New Journey Plaques (but they don't save your progress they do something else...)
New music

Before I submit it to Diafero, I'd really appreciate it if someone could run around it and spot any missing colliders, or objects that suddenly appear or disappear for no reason, or anything else that requires attention.
Or just explore and have fun.

You can download it here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/20ere81165qfi ... 9.zip?dl=0

Save to your PotS folder in the usual way.

Thanks!
Last edited by Semjay on Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Semjay

Postby ametist » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:17 am

Thank you Semjay for sharing Teragrahm! I just came back from a visit there and it is a very beautiful age! The textures, the lighting and the well crafted furniture, the music and the clear water in the baths, everything is really well done! There are a lot of details to discover and it is easy to imagine this place filled with people and voices :).
I managed to turn on the water pump, awesome steam there! And also access the last area! Cool 8-)
I didn't find any areas where the vis regions didn't behave, and all the doors worked fine. I had no problem with lag.
I really enjoyed my visit, thank you so much again!

There is an issue though, when I climbed the ladder - yes, I read the journal where you warned the climber ;) - I sank into the floor at the top.
One smaller issue is a sound region, very small, in the little room at the baths where there is a desk, where the sound stops very abrupt, there is no fading.
And one thing I just have an opinion about, the water 'footprints' in the water is to big for this small water surfaces, IMHO.

Great work all in all!
ametist

Postby Théodore » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:28 pm

Really nice overhaul!

The age is more immersive now, especially the quest to find the 7 clothes to open the final area. In one passage there are 3 rocks laying on the floor, I went through one of them. I don't know about the other 2 but the one I went through lacks a collider. I won't repeat what ametist already wrote. I'm of the same opinion as her for the new added features. She has a keener eye for details though as she spotted the water disturbance to be too big for the pools. Oh and one of the pools has no water disturbance whatsoever, which one I cannot say, I think it is the one with all the vases surrounding it.

Really top notch rebuilt. It is now on par with your latest ages Zahlto and Tovaht. Hoping for a 4th installment from you ;)
Théodore

Postby Semjay » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:53 am

Thank you Ametist and Theo for your quick response and lovely comments. I’ll be getting on with sorting out those things.

(My fourth Age is nearing completion. It is built, textured and has a working puzzle. Just need to put in the GUI popups and I find that part soooo tedious. Hopefully it won’t be long...)
Semjay

Postby Théodore » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:13 pm

Oh yeah... now I remember! You told me what would your 4th age be! I will keep it to myself ;) If anything, I can help you with the testing process.
Théodore

Postby gchaser » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:48 pm

Excellent work Semjay! I re-visited the "old version" on DI first to get a "refresh" for what it was like, and then I downloaded the "new version" to POTs and went through it on URU CC Offline. What a difference - soooo much brighter and faster!

Just one request for a hint......what is the "New Puzzle" you referred to in your 3 March 2021 Updates section.....?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Updates @ 3rd March 2021 include:

Use of proper URU textures/materials (some adapted)
Structural rebuild
All gates are now operational
New lighting and shadows
New vis regions
New puzzle
New Journey Plaques (but they don't save your progress they do something else...)
New music
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks,

gchaser
gchaser

Postby Semjay » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:58 pm

Thank you to everyone for your kind thoughts and helpful suggestions. I have made a few more fixes. Hopefully that's got everything done.

I have raised the top of the ladder slightly and put an invisible platform underneath to catch anyone who might fall through. I spent quite a while sorting out the "ripples." I tried using Cyan's water decal and it looked awful (sorry Cyan) so I created my own and I'm a lot happier with it. It also doesn't have that white cross optical effect any more! (which Cyan's does). If you can't see ripples when you are in the water, try turning around - for some reason they are only rendered in certain directions. I increased the fall off settings on the sfx regions so the music fades away better. I decided against putting colliders on every single stray rock as I felt it impedes the avatar too much and stepping round little things all the time becomes annoying, don't you think? Perhaps I should have made them all "kickables".

If you want to see here's the new link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/20ere81165qfi ... 9.zip?dl=0

@gchaser
The new puzzle is very easy. You have to
Show Spoiler
to remove the glowy light barriers near the exit.
Semjay

Postby ametist » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:20 am

Thank you Semjay, always a pleasure!
I just took a quick look and found the new ripples much better! The sound was fading better too.
For the ladder I think it's ok, I couldn't really see, but when the camera got hold of me I was walking on the floor so I guess your fix is working. :) A suggestion though, what about a camera there so one can see oneself climbing on to the floor?
Yes, why not making the smaller stones kickable?
ametist

PreviousNext

Return to Building