Building a new "Bevin"

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Building a new "Bevin"

Postby dendwaler » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:02 pm

Hi all,
about two weeks ago i decided to start a new project completely made with Korman from scratch.

I did not have an idea what to build, so i started to build a new "Bevin" or hood.

Because i hope to get this one into the Gehn shard, i want to call the age.

"Gehn's Bevin , if its okay to anyone .

The age will have no puzzles , but all the welknow elements of the common bevin will get a place into this bevin.
Only different, they have not exactly the same look ,the textures are different, and the Bevin itself will have a completely different shape.
also it will be a bit bigger, have some more places to explore, but will have the feeling of a Bevin.
Initially there will be no puzzles, may be later.
It will have some animated elements.
.. and i will reuse some objects you already saw in the cathedral.

I will post some snippets here over time.

Here is the first one, its Cathedral Nexus, that find its place here in a different context.
The lightning however is far ..... far better.

I hope you like the idea.

Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Re: Building a new "Bevin"

Postby Tweek » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:36 pm

A suggestion if I may, if it's a completely new hood with new layout I'd go for a different name.

Bevin is a specific hood, like Kirel and Seret is. IIRC those hoods were named after D'ni people so perhaps go with a D'ni name for it?

(I've built a hood myself which I called Tehren after a D'ni citizen of the same name who commissioned the hood to be built).
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby dendwaler » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Thank you tweek,
I think you are right, i will think about something else.
I am not good in D'ni language or the existing lore, so suggestions are welcome.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Deledrius » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:00 pm

That looks really great (although the dead bahro skins on the ceiling are a bit unsettling to me)! Great work so far. I like the area in your sig, by the way. I can't wait for you to get a chance to try out the improvements we've made in Korman 0.06. I enjoyed the Cathedral, so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what you create next (and with -- I think -- better tools).

As for naming this neighborhood, you might want something a bit more unique. Let's not emulate Alexander the Great. ;) Edit: while I was writing this Tweek already addressed it.

I was working on my own new neighborhood a while back, which has a lot of customization options for the owner/Mayor of the 'hood, but I think yours already looks farther along than mine!
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Return to Building