building test age

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

building test age

Postby kovich » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:44 pm

I must be doing something stupid. I'm following the guide for building a test age (blender 2.79, korman addon and drizzle offline KI) and the first time thru I was successful, able to walk around and just used the simple materials and textures however after adding some textures from my textures folder I save and export to my uru CC dat folder launch the game and then link to my testpage--- my avatar falls through floor and even when I go back to the simple materials and textures I still fall through. I'll delete the age from my uru cc offline dat folder and try again. Any help out there for the noob of noobs tks
kovich

Re: building test age

Postby kovich » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:58 pm

Well I started again but I saved the first .blend file to compare the two. I looks like I must have rotated my empty spawn point. So now it works again. This noob will need to slow down, and be very carful when expanding the test age tks
kovich

Postby Dulcamara » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:03 am

Hello Kovich

Nice that you have found out the mistake yourself and can now continue working again. Without Blendfile it is difficult for outsiders to judge where the mistake lies.
But you will notice with time it is getting better and better. I myself are still with Blender 2.49.
That's why I can not say anything about Koman.

I hope you stick to your work. Take care ;)

Dulcamara
Dulcamara

Postby Karkadann » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:48 am

I know in Max if you rotate the start/spawn point sometimes you end up falling sideways, depending on how its been rotated, its that weird error that gave me the idea of walking on walls the ceiling (IE subworlds) which lead to Relativity. The only problem was the AV cam which is always stuck to the Z plane without a python file

Cyan's plazma engine is an unusual animal some of the glitches you may encounter can be used as part of the age or puzzle, just make sure the Mods know about it before they post it on there site.
one of the glitches like a paging error, similar to the lay over from MOULa can cause more problems then there worth

https://forum.guildofwriters.org/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=4858&hilit

edit to add
here are some more Plasma glitches/oddities I made notes of
http://www.writers-guild.org/Forum/showthread.php?tid=63

on the last one particle (attaching a particle system/emitter to a simple) if you have the particle system and texture settings for flame you can make a real cool fire marble that's realy on fire.
If you need the settings let me know I'll post them here later along with examples of some of the other weird stuff I stumbled on
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Deledrius » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:01 pm

Karkadann wrote:on the last one particle (attaching a particle system/emitter to a simple) if you have the particle system and texture settings for flame you can make a real cool fire marble that's realy on fire.
If you need the settings let me know I'll post them here later along with examples of some of the other weird stuff I stumbled on

I'd love to see that!
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Karkadann » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:42 am

What I did assuming everybody knows how to make a simple (better known as a kickable) is combine aspects of this tutorial
http://wiki.openuru.org/index.php?title=Making_Subworlds_(Elevators_and_Rides)
that involve attaching subworlds and subworld dummies
with one or more of these
http://wiki.openuru.org/index.php?title=3DS_Max_Plugin_Tutorials#Particles
five tutorials on particles and particle systems
with this Email on firepartical systems from Chloe
Show Spoiler

in a similar manner to the way I combined four different recipes to get this

Show Spoiler

and I must say with a little adjustment to the particle system and red pepper they both turned out rather well
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Return to Building