Porting The Cathedral to unity VR supported.

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Porting The Cathedral to unity VR supported.

Postby dendwaler » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:32 am

Hi All,
as this title says , i am porting the Cathedral to Unity including support for the Windows Mixed Reality platform.
Its lots ,lots of work as usual.
At this moment i have nearly finished the south wing and the bigger part of the cellar.
With the controllers you can freely move around and you can physicly walk around for as far as your usbcable allows you. :D
I have not done any logic until now, i sart with that when the graphics are completed.

The lightning is much better, particles for fire's torches, and candles are used.
All together this realy is immerse.

I am just wondering, who of you is interested, and owner of a wmr headset to do some future testing?

Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Re: Porting The Cathedral to unity VR supported.

Postby Sirius » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:01 am

Hello Dendwaler ! :D

As you know, I'm interested since I like this Age a lot. I own a Vive, but I think it works with WMR applications as well.

I started converting your Age to Unity too, as you know. I made some pretty good progress, but was a bit too ambitious and didn't know much about optimization, which means it was really laggy... I've learned a lot since then, but it's indeed a lot of work given the size of the Age.

And now that I'm also working on the Unity PRP loader, it's getting even harder to find time for everything... To tell the truth it's been on the back-burner along with Elodea for a couple of months now :|

With that said, I believe you'll have a lot of fun porting your Age to Unity. Like I said, I don't have as much time as I used to, but if you need I can probably help with the scripting :)
Sirius

Postby dendwaler » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:14 am

if you need I can probably help with the scripting :)

That would be great Sirius, you know its my weak point.
But lots i will try to do myself first.
And optimizing is still also a problematic issue for me.
I think it will be much faster with baked lightning.
only the real time lightning is far easier and with better results until now.
Partly i have done it both , baking with small lights on objects that do not have much influence on other objects at the same time.
and yes , making this..... is having fun. :D
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby dendwaler » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:52 am

Here is a snippet of the vr version of the cathedral inside unity.

https://youtu.be/kFeHNMSwGoQ

dendwaler

Postby Sirius » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:49 pm

Nice particle ! ;)
Sirius

Return to Building