AuthServ Error

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

AuthServ Error

Postby Zorkmid » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:58 am

Hi,
I don't know if this is the right place to post questions about setting up a new shard. If it isn't, then please let me know.
If I try to add a new account to my dirtsand database, I get the following error. Have I missed a step in setting up my server?
Thanks.

ds-918> addacct testacct xxxxxx44
/home/osboxes/dirtsand/AuthServ/AuthVault.cpp:41:
Postgres SELECT error: ERROR: function uuid_generate_v4() does not exist
LINE 1: SELECT uuid_generate_v4()
^
HINT: No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts.
Zorkmid

Re: AuthServ Error

Postby Deledrius » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:48 pm

Hi there! Sorry you've had some difficulty setting up the server. I'm not certain, but from the looks of things, you may have missed step 2 or 3? It looks like the functions are not available to the server.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Re: AuthServ Error

Postby Zorkmid » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:08 pm

If I execute the following commands:
sudo -u postgres psql
\df
it shows that uuid_generate_v4() does exist. It seems that the function exists for the postgres database, but not dirtsand. If I connect to the dirtsand database and perform the following:
\connect dirtsand
CREATE EXTENSION IF NOT EXISTS "uuid-ossp";
\df

then uuid_generate_v4() is visible to the dirtsand database. I know that I created the extension when following the instructions on how to set up dirtsand, however, it may be that roles/permissions/authorities may not have been set up properly.
I'll try running the dirtsand setup instructions again, paying attention to what user does the setup. Perhaps that will avoid these issues.

Thanks.

Zorkmid wrote:Hi,
I don't know if this is the right place to post questions about setting up a new shard. If it isn't, then please let me know.
If I try to add a new account to my dirtsand database, I get the following error. Have I missed a step in setting up my server?
Thanks.

ds-918> addacct testacct xxxxxx44
/home/osboxes/dirtsand/AuthServ/AuthVault.cpp:41:
Postgres SELECT error: ERROR: function uuid_generate_v4() does not exist
LINE 1: SELECT uuid_generate_v4()
^
HINT: No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts.
Zorkmid

Return to Building