Kerrey: An Age I've been working on

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: Kerrey: An Age I've been working on

Postby Dulcamara » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:46 pm

You can open the Blendfile with: Open recent

Of course that's nonsense, because of course you don't have the same file path as me. Sorry.
You have to open it from your folder. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dulcamara

Postby Dulcamara » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:47 am

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8g0tlfxk4 ... le.7z/file

The wooden bridge consists of four individual pieces because it was apparently too big! :roll:
Dulcamara

Postby Emor D'ni Lap » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:21 am

Confirming that Dulcamara's file opens just fine in Blender 2.79b...which is the most recent version that agebuilders can export to game from, using Korman.
As she says: these are straight mesh assets that you can export to Unreal, to texture and light them appropriately there.
As you probably already know, there are plenty of tutorials available on the best ways to do that export/import.
Emor D'ni Lap

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:48 am

If you intend to use Unreal, then the "photorealistic" part comes from your creation of high quality (potentially PBR) materials in Unreal Editor. It has very little to do with the ploy count of the meshes (or lack thereof).
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Sirius » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:39 am

Dulcamara wrote:If that does not work i have to convert all models seperat. I have tryed to export the whole file as Sfx, the program seem to work the whole day on it, but i see no result.

If your objects are animated and you export them as FBX, then disable "Animation → Baked Animation" in the export window. I have noticed it makes exporting 10 times longer.

Tsar Hoikas wrote:If you intend to use Unreal, then the "photorealistic" part comes from your creation of high quality (potentially PBR) materials in Unreal Editor. It has very little to do with the ploy count of the meshes (or lack thereof).

Agreed.
The material editor will not be enough though. Uru uses only color textures, whereas Unreal will also require metal/roughness maps and normal map. For this reason it's best to find a website with (potentially free) PBR textures and use those.
Sirius

Postby Aloys » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:07 pm

I'm a little confused. Why do you make your Age in Unreal? And why do you want to make it photorealistic? It's a lof of hard work :o and if you bring in scanned assets that becomes even harder because those are high quality assets, and ideally you need to have all your assets at the same level of quality.
Aloys

Postby Yali » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:25 pm

Because it looks good. I'm a sucker for Riven level of visuals. :D Also I'm an ambitious masochist who wants perfection. :twisted:

Dulcamara, I got the files in Unreal. This is perfect. Thank you.
Yali

Postby Aloys » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:29 am

Yali wrote:Because it looks good. I'm a sucker for Riven level of visuals. :D

Can't disagree with that. :)

Also I'm an ambitious masochist who wants perfection. :twisted:

:lol:
Aloys

Postby Dulcamara » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:31 am

Yali wrote:
Dulcamara, I got the files in Unreal. This is perfect. Thank you.

That is great :) :) :)
slowly I started to doubt my abilities :D
Dulcamara

Postby Yali » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:44 pm

Here's some screenshots from the development of the beach house:

Bedroom

Kitchen

Unfortunately I tried texturing the fbx files you sent Dulcamara and Blender 2.49b wouldn't import them neither would the most recent version of Blender. I did however manage to get the .blend file open with the whole house however I can't seem to texture the objects for the life of me. Applying a texture to an object still results in a pink material.

I'm gonna try to work some more in Blender to get a lot of the house and objects textured. Also I'm encountering tremendous lag in the house which is possibly due to the objects or potentially the landmass size or both.

Edit: Nvm I opened the .blend file from Blender itself (newest version) and it opened fine. Now I've exported the whole scene and am placing everything in the map.

If anyone wants to help with texturing that'd be great btw.
Yali

PreviousNext

Return to Building