Kerrey: An Age I've been working on

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Kerrey: An Age I've been working on

Postby Yali » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:59 pm

So a while back I was working on a fan game project titled Darka about a splinter D'ni Empire following the Fall. I have a blog up with some concepts and references at http://www.darkagame.tumblr.com.

One of the Ages I had planned was called Kerrey, an Age I conceived around 2003 which consists of a small sandy isle with a beach house and a lookout post to observe the ocean wildlife. I drafted up a map here.

Some reference photos:

Welp, I finally managed to start working on the Age itself in Unreal. I found an environment in the Unreal Marketplace that fits the description of the Age perfectly so I purchased it. Due to my weak modelling skills I decided to look for some assets online but realized that going photorealistic was the way go. I found numerous photogrammetry objects on Sketchfab for free that were also free to use for commercial products in the event that Kerrey makes it into an actual game one day (hopefully Darka as I intended.)

Here are some screens from the progress so far:

I still need to create the beach house and the other small structures like the lookout hut and the shed and cave. Would anyone be willing to help do some 3d modelling?

So far I've added music and SFX of the waves crashing, birds singing, and wind and insects buzzing. I also added a linking book pedestal and a slew of old objects from both the D'ni inhabitation of the Age and the Age's original inhabitants.
Yali

Re: Kerrey: An Age I've been working on

Postby Sirius » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:05 pm

I'm afraid I won't be of much use to the project, but I wanted to say I actually had a hard time finding the difference between the real picture and the 3D render. Looks really nice !
Sirius

Postby Deledrius » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:47 pm

Sirius wrote:I actually had a hard time finding the difference between the real picture and the 3D render. Looks really nice !

Same here. Quite impressive.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Dulcamara » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:12 am

YALI wrote
I still need to create the beach house and the other small structures like the lookout hut and the shed and cave. Would anyone be willing to help do some 3d modelling?

Does it matter with which program the 3 D model are made?

If not, I'll gladly build some models with Blender. It would be good if you could show me what you need in your imagination. Maybe in Foto or drawing.

Sirius wrote:
I actually had a hard time finding the difference between the real picture and the 3D render. Looks really nice !

Same to me , definitiv :o
Dulcamara

Postby Yali » Sat May 30, 2020 12:26 pm

So I lost the entire Age when upgrading my PC as it was on my old hard drive which I reformatted. The good news is I rebuilt everything from scratch.

I will however need a few custom 3d models.

One is the beach house which is a Mediterranean style stucco building with a deck overlooking the ocean that is open to the interior through three archways framed by twisted columns.

The second structure is a wooden lookout post that is made of dried grey wood in a pentagonal floor plan with a large slit going across it's circumference for looking out at the wildlife

I'll also need a boardwalk for a path along the island connecting the beach house and the lookout post.

I've attached a PDF for the Age that has the maps of both the island and the beach house.

Dulcamara wrote:If not, I'll gladly build some models with Blender. It would be good if you could show me what you need in your imagination. Maybe in Foto or drawing.

The building itself is made of worn stucco like from the 16th century with decay showing brick underneath. The arches look like this with twisted columns instead:

The portico from the main floor leads out to a deck that is open to the outside.

The lookout hut has wood texture like this:

Attachments
Kerrey.pdf
Here's the PDF for the Age
(298.84 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
Yali

Postby Semjay » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:28 pm

This looks very interesting. I’m sure I could help. Do you want just the models or do you want them textured as well? I use 3DS Max. Would that be of use to you?
Semjay

Postby Dulcamara » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:02 am

Hello Yali

I rummaged a little in my old worlds and blend files and put a few things together for you.
A small blend file is on the way to you via PM.

Have fun :-)
Dulcamara

Postby Yali » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:17 am

3ds Max works great. I checked out your file Dulcamara and unfortunately it crashes on load in Blender. Would it be possible to send me an .fbx file? I'm using Unreal so I'm not sure why the .pak and .age files are included. Anyone is welcome to contribute since I'm going to need a lot of custom assets. I'm also working on adding other Ages and a UI system. I'm using Quixels for photoscanned assets that look hyper photorealistic.
Yali

Postby Dulcamara » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:03 am

I'm sorry that the Blend file crashed.
I have added the dat and pak file so that you can first have a view the "Age" in Uru offline.
So you can say, which objects suit you. I will then see if I can convert the objects you want.
Dulcamara

Postby Dulcamara » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:04 am

This is a test
Bench.7z
(26.82 KiB) Downloaded 264 times

Please give me a response if the FBX file work

Show Spoiler

Show Spoiler
Attachments
UruExplorer 2020-06-09 18-47-47-46.png
UruExplorer 2020-06-09 18-47-47-46.png (798.03 KiB) Viewed 4990 times