Kerrey: An Age I've been working on

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: Kerrey: An Age I've been working on

Postby Dulcamara » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:55 pm

That looks great :-)

I put everything in the links, but deleted them after a week because my memory from Medifire is getting too full. I thought a week would suffice to download a link. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dulcamara

Postby Yali » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:27 pm

...and the demo is released! https://drive.google.com/file/d/13fAImR ... sp=sharing (Just a heads up it's still WIP so things are subject to change)
Yali

Postby dendwaler » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:21 am

wow, what i saw from it is impressive.!
in all meanings of the word.
an impresive download of 35 Gig.
unpacked 84 Gb!
The visuals are stunning great.
the sound has really the right admosphere.
Unfortunately my pc could hardly handle it despite having a Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz, with 32Gb Ram and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB.
I was not able to reach the building on the beach, the framerate goes down to nearly zero.
i saw the crabs moving realy lifelike. its stunning beautiful.
So overall my first impression is very positive,
when you are able to lower the demand on specs and at the same time keep the same visual quality, then you have done something we will remember a long time.
I wish you succes with it and hope you are able to optimize it.
A last question..... is VR supposed to work? My VR headset turned on every tiem i started it but it stayed black.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Yali » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:30 am

Yeah I should clarify, you'll need to lower the shadow quality by pressing Tab and going to Graphics Settings. That's what I did and it runs smoother. Also you can change controls if you want. Right click shows the cursor and Shift is to run, Space to jump, F to keep book and R to drop it and Z to crouch. VR is not implemented.
Yali

Postby Yali » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:38 pm

So finally an update: I released version 1.2.1!

Here is the blog post about it: LINK

DOWNLOAD

Changes:

1. No more crazy lag. Game should run good on High and a bit choppy in places on Epic on older graphics cards. If you get lag try reducing either anti-aliasing or shadows or both. Epic shadows look the best.

2. Improved just about everything. More detail. Better lighting. Etc.

3. Improved interactables. Try clicking on objects/boxes/doors and see what happens.

and…

Just a heads up: The controls menu is still outdated and doesn’t clearly show the default controls.
They are as follows:
1. Left Mouse Button: Interact (If you see an object that looks interactable but won’t respond, try a few more times. The clicking mechanism is quite finnicky and I’m looking for a solution so it hits 100% of the time)
2. Right Mouse Button: Toggle cursor
3. Space: Jump
4. Shift: Run (Might change this to Q for better ergonomics soon)
5. F: Drop Book
6. R: Take Book (Book drops when you pick up another book like in real life. (I might include an inventory later on if it seems doable))
7: Tab: Pause Menu

Issues still to fix:

1. Day Night cycles need to coordinate between Ages and update accordingly.
2. A much better ocean shader is in the works.
3. A few minor errors (meshes not placed right etc.)
4. Update controls completely.
5. Original music (hoping Hollister can help although he's quite busy with Cyan right now.)
6. "Unknown" Age needs more content - structures and a journal.
7. Hopefully a new Age soon.

Yali

Postby Théodore » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:57 pm

Thank you Yali! I downloaded the latest version of the age yesterday. I must say, I played the version released last Summer and I'm very impressed. It was a big ask on my video card, I think your newest version will be more enjoyable.
Théodore

Postby Yali » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:18 pm

So I made a website for this project: http://darkagame.net If anyone would like to volunteer that'd be great. Just post your work in the #showcase channel of the Discord server here.
Yali

Previous

Return to Building