Four new ages for Uru

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: Four new ages for Uru

Postby zftm » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:13 pm

These 4 new ages are amazing. Thanks for all the hard work.

On April 7 and 8 my friends and I cannot get the shells in Peridia and MYST Refuge to activate the mushrooms in Palamary, despite linking through the Peridia and MYST Refuge books that are in Palamary. We have found everything else and completed everything else, except this. Are the mushrooms working properly or is there something special you have to do so that these shells activate the mushrooms in Palamary (of course, besides clicking on them to see their numbers).

Thank you anyone for the help.
So enjoying these ages.
zftm

Postby Théodore » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:44 pm

The 10 shells are to be found in Palamary Bay age.

The conch shells in Peridia & MYST Refuge are for the safe.
Théodore

Postby melvin » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:31 am

Yes, the 10 shells can be found in Palamary Bay to create the small circle of mushrooms on the beach close to the link in area. They do not as YET do anything once collected, but they will eventually link to an age called Western Teledahn, which I am in the process of making, along with another age called The Maintainers Gateway assuming this coronavirus thing doesn't get me before I finish them.
melvin

Postby Semjay » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:20 am

Oooh! Can't wait!
Semjay

Postby zftm » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:07 am

Thank you both for getting back to me. Wonderful, there is more for my friends and I to play. So enjoying these ages.
Stay safe and God bless
zftm

Postby zftm » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:45 pm

So enjoying these games, but one thing has eluded my friends and I and that is shell #9. Could someone give us a hint as to the area that it is in. Please don't tell us the exact spot.
Thank you in advance
zftm

Postby Théodore » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:47 pm

It is near the link to Ruins of Azmar
Théodore

Postby Théodore » Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:51 pm

Wow almost 2 years in silent mode on this thread!

Sorry to resurrect old ghosts here, I mean it figuratively but also literally. I got in touch with an explorer who is member here, philipgr, while playing in Alabaster's Depths a full year ago (time flies!!!) and he shared with me his walkthrough for The Path of the Lost Ages. He says there is a ghostly apparition in the pub in Peridia and details what to do for such apparition to take place. I tried everything and no ghost has ever granted me an apparition.

So, my ultimate question here is: is there really a ghost that we can triggered in Peridia's pub area? And if so, how?

Thanks!
Théodore

Postby melvin » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:45 am

Yes, I'm afraid the place is a bit haunted, a few spooks can be triggered very similar to the blue ghost tree that appears in the Ruins of Azmar. In Peridia there are three ghosts in the pub area made visible by standing next too the first pillar to the right of the bar. Another ghost appears beside you when you sit on one of the fountain seats. Note these ghosts are activated by the secret tree switch that enable the link to the Ruins of Azmar.

The Ruins of Azmar also has several ghosts that can be triggered by standing in certain places. On the first island stand on the very top of the stairs next to the spiral sun wall symbol, then run through the doorway on the right past the dark room & into the main lit area, where a ghost should be standing on of sort of guard watch tower.

On the middle island in the fort like structure, go inside the dark room where the auto light switches on, & then to the left side of this room. Next run round the other side of the fort to see a rather tall ghost on another watch tower.

On the main island there are three trigger locations. The first is on top of the highest building where you trigger the planets in the night sky, stand in the centre close to walls to the left of the watch tower. Note the seats must be activated first by picking up the bag of gold on the balcony of the same highest tower, which is in turn triggered by picking up the bag of gold under the pile of corner stones on the first building on the main island. Below the highest tower inside a dark room is a square balcony that triggers two ghosts to your left where the canons appear when triggered by the bag of gold next to a large cog wheel across the three arched doorway bridge. The last ghost appears on this same bridge close to where a linking book is on a table. From this table go through the doorway & up the stairs, to a room with two doorways on your left. Go through the left one then go back to the bridge.

Easy when you know how. Well I'm nearly finished work on the Maintainers Gateway now, just touching up the vortex paint, could mess about with this forever, but I'll have to draw a line some where.
melvin

Postby Théodore » Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:54 am

Wow thank you very much! :)

I fear going back to any of those ages now ;) I had seen ghostly apparitions in Peridia once, now I know why it didn't work. I rarely go back to the pub area after my first visit there, so I go through Ruins of Azmar's link, touch the tree symbol, link back to the main islands and enter the linking bubble and go back to Ruins of Azmar. I will pay a visit to the haunted pub next time.

For the ghosts in Ruins of Azmar, I only knew about the tree and the ghost on top of the tall building sitting on a bench. I will try to trigger the other ones, most likely during a daytime visit.

As for Maintainers' Gateway, I do encourage you to release it. Seeing what you did in the four ages you've already published, you cannot go wrong and we will enjoy it as explorers. It will give you more free time to work on Western Teledahn (I went back in time reading old posts in this thread and I saw a mention of such age).
Théodore

PreviousNext

Return to Building