Four new ages for Uru

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: Four new ages for Uru

Postby Théodore » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:11 pm

From my experience, it is preferable to play those four ages offline. If you play on Deep Island shard, you can always reset the age by typing /!resetage or /resetage!

Just make sure, no one is playing when you do a reset. If there are players online, ask them politely if they play in Palamary Bay. Sometimes people get thrown out of the server for whatever reason and they are coming back, so make sure you are not messing with anyone else's progress.

Offline, use the command /reset. It will reset the current age, you will link back to your Nexus.

Having completed Ruins of Azmar (the 4th age), playing online will make things complicated unless you venture there has a party of explorers. It is quite hard and with the thick fog, you hardly see where you are going. One false step and you end up near the library, if the door is open, you will miss all the adventure to get there and open up that door!
Théodore

Postby Ehren » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:09 pm

Okay, I did make it past the two locks of the tomb awhile ago, and found the first three blue diamonds but...

I just need to be told where to find this hand print to open a door, because I have been searching SO HARD, and I can't find it. The note says "Several doors in the age require you to find a hand print on a wall." and it feels like a lie, I've looked everywhere, everywhere, everywhere... And although I would rather have been able to do this on my own, I just need to know the answer now for the sake of sanity.

To be clear, I really was having fun with the age until this breaking point. I liked the idea you did for getting to the green diamond switch especially.

Well, I'm up to 6 shells and 4 cloths now though, so that's something.
Ehren

Postby melvin » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:16 am

I presume by door you mean the one in the tunnel cave with the glowing hand symbol, where indeed the fourth crystal can be found behind it. This is where the game gets a bit tricky as the hand print is in the locked wizards tower. To hand print to open the tower is in a secret place that needs to be linked into via the linking stone inside the safe in Myst Refuge. The safe needs to be unlocked & that means finding at least some of the shell codes, three in Peridia & two in Myst Refuge. I hope this info is of some help.
melvin

Postby Semjay » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:39 am

I got into the wizard’s tower by kicking the boxes outside into position and run/jumping through the open window. So you could try that? I found the handprint easily. But then I was stuck inside and couldn’t jump back out through the window.
Semjay

Postby Théodore » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:34 pm

Semjay wrote:I got into the wizard’s tower by kicking the boxes outside into position and run/jumping through the open window. So you could try that? I found the handprint easily. But then I was stuck inside and couldn’t jump back out through the window.

The door of the wizard's tower can be opened by touching the hand sign hidden in the recess at the crossroad tunnel near the big house on the beach. The easiest way to locate the recess is by coming back from Myst Refuge age after opening the safe. You can also try to look behind a curtain...

Ehren wrote:The note says "Several doors in the age require you to find a hand print on a wall." and it feels like a lie, I've looked everywhere, everywhere, everywhere... And although I would rather have been able to do this on my own, I just need to know the answer now for the sake of sanity.

I can feel your discouragement but it is the truth. For each shut door, there's a hand sign somewhere in the age. Think like you played Myst or Riven... you might think, oh there's no way I can go there, it is impossible, yet it is! One of the hand sign is well hidden inside the house on the beach for example.
Théodore

Postby Ehren » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:52 am

melvin wrote:I presume by door you mean the one in the tunnel cave with the glowing hand symbol, where indeed the fourth crystal can be found behind it. This is where the game gets a bit tricky as the hand print is in the locked wizards tower. To hand print to open the tower is in a secret place that needs to be linked into via the linking stone inside the safe in Myst Refuge. The safe needs to be unlocked & that means finding at least some of the shell codes, three in Peridia & two in Myst Refuge. I hope this info is of some help.

Yeah, I meant any of the three doors that have a white hand appear when you approach them.

At any rate, it turns out my problem was focusing only on Palamary Bay, I didn't consider the idea of somewhere else having a link to a special area of the age that's otherwise unreachable. Whoops

Semjay wrote:I got into the wizard’s tower by kicking the boxes outside into position and run/jumping through the open window. So you could try that? I found the handprint easily. But then I was stuck inside and couldn’t jump back out through the window.

It's funny you mention getting around a door. I was looking around close to the dome door to make sure I wasn't missing something really close by. I accidentally found out it's possible to get around the door when I jumped from the nearby rock trying to get onto the ledge above the door, but instead I went through the column. It's easiest to do in first person since the foliage behind you might block your third person view. This led me to find the Peridia book and then the last cloth I needed to open access to it.

I still wanted to know the correct way to get through at least one of the doors.

The exploit way in (just walk forward once you're here):
Show Spoiler
Ehren

Postby melvin » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:27 am

The hand print to get past that door can be found at the start link in point. Looks like I didn't make the cylinder collision barriers high enough, you are standing on top of it in the screen shot.
melvin

Postby Ehren » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:00 pm

melvin wrote:The hand print to get past that door can be found at the start link in point. Looks like I didn't make the cylinder collision barriers high enough, you are standing on top of it in the screen shot.

I feel really stupid for missing that, I walked around that area so much but still didn't see that hand! Granted things are a bit harder when it switches to night, but still... I hate feeling so blind.

Well, at least I found journey cloths in that time of searching, some of those were really tricky and in dark places. I also found many scallop shells in the order of 8, 10, 3, 2, 7, 1 and just recently 5. I do remember being amazed how long it took me to notice shell 1, I guess I just don't have much luck in that particular area...

I found 3 of the conch shells for the code (shell 5, 1, 2), couldn't find either of the 2 left, so I just went through the 25 possible combinations for the two I didn't know and got the safe open.

I'm really going out of my way to try to make myself feel better about not finding that hand print... dang, that stings.
Ehren

Postby philipgr » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:06 am

Hi Melvin

You did a really great job with the four ages. I have just started The Ruins of Azmar. I really like your Idea with the diamonds. Very clever. I have found everything except for shell number 8. Could you perhaps give me a hint on where to look for it. I have run all over the place looking for it and I have not been able to find it.

Regards
Philip
MOULa KI#24852041
TOC KI#00320847
Gehn KI#00252463
DI KI#00274303
UAM KI#00149988
philipgr

Postby philipgr » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:16 am

Hi Melvin

Please forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this. Last night my friend and fellow player Grandbad and I were playing Ruins of Azmar in DI and noticed that the statues on the walkway leading to the six pillars have disappeared. I have just checked now and they are still missing. At the weekend I downloaded and installed these ages from the link in your original post in this thread in my offline Uru. Last night I noticed that the building on the small island (the next island assessible from the linkin island) has a number of cannons. These cannons are missing from the version I downloaded from the link you provided. There is a cnnon barrel sticking out from one of the walls at groundlevel which does not appear in the DI version. I had a look in drizzle to see if your ages are in the age light so that I could update them in my offline Uru. Unfortunately they are not in the list. So how do I update my offline version?

Regards
Philip
MOULa KI#24852041
TOC KI#00320847
Gehn KI#00252463
DI KI#00274303
UAM KI#00149988
philipgr

PreviousNext

Return to Building