Four new ages for Uru

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Four new ages for Uru

Postby melvin » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:51 am

With the kind permission of Cyan & some help from diafero with the sequence prefix page, I can now make four new ages available for download. They are Palamary bay, Peridia, MYST Refuge & The Ruins of Azmar, & can be downloaded from this link. These ages are, I think, only suitable for the offline version of Uru. Maroonroon has noted that I should mention these ages contain links to the End of ages, Moul & Crowthistle ages as well as some fan made ages. So make sure you have these ages installed with drizzle.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ugomn35vj ... es.7z/file
Last edited by melvin on Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
melvin

Re: Four new ages for Uru

Postby Chacal » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:30 pm

Quite interesting, thank you.
I just started exploring them.
Lots of work in these Ages. Also your technical journal is fascinating, I like the idea of it.

Is there a story? Are the Ages related to each other? Is there a sequence we should follow?
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby melvin » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:55 pm

There is more information in the Path of the Lost Ages read me in your sav folder. But yes there
is a story line that runs through all the ages, reading the journals will give more clues. Some
linking is required between ages to find secret switches, the safe in myst island is quite an
important one. It links back to Palamary Bay which opens the door to the sort of wizards tower.
To open the safe you need to find five shells with a duni number, two are hidden in myst island
& three in Peridia. Keep an eye out for hand prints on walls, even in the start link in area,
some are in secret areas. The main goal is to get into the tomb area in Palamary Bay & touch the
linking stone which take you to the Ruins of Azmar, this age is not supposed to appear in your
nexus, but it may if the age is unknown. You can easily make it appear by altering the
img/Ageinfo text file if you wish.
Last edited by melvin on Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
melvin

Postby melvin » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:39 am

Here are some images of three of the four ages.
Palamary Bay.jpg
Picture...Palamary Bay
Palamary Bay.jpg (83.81 KiB) Viewed 49762 times

Peridia.jpg
Picture....Peridia
Peridia.jpg (69.54 KiB) Viewed 49762 times

Myst Refuge.jpg
Picture...Myst Refuge
Myst Refuge.jpg (56.02 KiB) Viewed 49762 times
melvin

Postby melvin » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:44 am

This is the fourth age The Ruins of Azmar.
Ruins of Azmar.jpg
Picture...Ruins of Azmar
Ruins of Azmar.jpg (36.9 KiB) Viewed 49762 times
melvin

Postby Maroonroon » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:20 am

You should have mention that there are links to external Ages...
A link intra-expansion (MYST Refuge -> Peridia) or to any Uru's Age (Teledahn) ok; but a link to any Moula's Age (not Uru's Age => Ahnonay), End Of Ages's Age (Direbo) or external Age (Crowthistle, Cosmic Osmo's Hex Isle, Ahra Pahts or Fahets, for example) should be expressly indicated when you share the download link.
Maroonroon

Postby Deledrius » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:22 pm

Thanks for the screenshots! It looks very enticing, and I hope I can find some time to explore it soon.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby melvin » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:02 am

As an extra note about the story & readable journals...there are technical journals in each age,
three of them in Peridia, although they are all in the same place. Two story journals are in
Palamary Bay, one in the master bedroom of the house & one in the locked tower. One explorer
diary is in Peridia at the link in area. One story journal is in Myst Refuge on the lower
bookshelf in the bedroom. And finally two DRC journals are in the Ruins of Azmar, one at the
link in area & one past the locked library door. These will explain about the ages history, how
they relate to each other, & give a some what disturbing record of the last days & the fall of
the Duni.
melvin

Postby Sirius » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:06 am

Deledrius wrote:Thanks for the screenshots! It looks very enticing, and I hope I can find some time to explore it soon.

This ! It looks really nice, will definitely try it out later !

Congrats on the release 8-)
Sirius

Postby Dulcamara » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:38 am

Wow. :shock: Amazing work. I spent yesterday a little time in three of your ages. Wonderful textures and many, many details. I love the tunnel system and the crystals. I could not open all the doors yet, because I did not solve the puzzle.
But I looked a bit behind the scenes. :D
Wonderful, what you have created.
How much time did you spend on these projects? Do you work with Blender, Korman or 3DsMax?
Unfortunately, i do not find the last age "The Ruins of Azmar" in the Nexus. Is there a link book in one of the other ages :?:

It would be wonderful if we could play the Ages online in Deep Island.
Maybe someone can help you to make it possible ....... :idea: :idea:

And i have to say it again, you have a wonderful, amazing and impressive work created :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Ah, yes and thank you for the book with instructions for agebuilders, that was great :)
Dulcamara

Next

Return to Building