Four new ages for Uru

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: Four new ages for Uru

Postby melvin » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:49 am

An intro logo appears when you first link into any of the four ages, it animates down when you exit the logic region. It should only appear once, online it would be the first person to visit the age, so it's not necessary & could be removed. I was most likely the first person in the ages last night, they worked the first time, but after that the animation seemed to be looping, I don't know if other people have had a similar experience.
Attachments
KIimage Peridia.jpg
KIimage Peridia.jpg (277.42 KiB) Viewed 31610 times
melvin

Postby Deledrius » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:47 am

melvin wrote:An intro logo appears when you first link into any of the four ages, it animates down when you exit the logic region. It should only appear once, online it would be the first person to visit the age, so it's not necessary & could be removed. I was most likely the first person in the ages last night, they worked the first time, but after that the animation seemed to be looping, I don't know if other people have had a similar experience.

Ah, thanks for clarifying. I've been too busy to check them out yet. >_< I really need to make some time, they look great.

I think that logo can be fixed to show per-person, and work for their first visit. Might take a little magic, but it should be doable.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Claidi Song » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:46 pm

melvin wrote:With the kind permission of Cyan & some help from diafero with the sequence prefix page, I can now make four new ages available for download. They are Palamary bay, Peridia, MYST Refuge & The Ruins of Azmar, & can be downloaded from this link. These ages are, I think, only suitable for the offline version of Uru. Maroonroon has noted that I should mention these ages contain links to the End of ages, Moul & Crowthistle ages as well as some fan made ages. So make sure you have these ages installed with drizzle.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ugomn35vj ... es.7z/file

This is all so exciting! I'm loving exploring these places. Incredible, beautiful work. Congratulations and thank you.

One question, how can I get the Crowthistle ages to install with drizzle? And, HexIsle, if needed.
Claidi Song

Postby Korovev » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:18 am

Claidi Song wrote:One question, how can I get the Crowthistle ages to install with drizzle? And, HexIsle, if needed.

The same way you add the Myst V Ages, with Drizzle (v.31 should work fine).
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby Claidi Song » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:02 am

Oh, sorry, I worded that wrong. I really meant how do I get Crowthistle. I always heard that the cd is no longer available.
Claidi Song

Postby Sirius » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:57 am

It's only available on a CD inside the hardcover edition of The Well of Tears (book 2 of the Crowthistle Chronicles). Not all versions have it, so it's best to double check before buying one.
I'm not sure how easy it is to get one nowadays. I got mine a few years ago, and while it wasn't common, there were still a few copies around.

Hexisle I have no idea where to get. I would be interested to know as well...
Sirius

Postby Claidi Song » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:10 pm

Sirius wrote:It's only available on a CD inside the hardcover edition of The Well of Tears (book 2 of the Crowthistle Chronicles). Not all versions have it, so it's best to double check before buying one.
I'm not sure how easy it is to get one nowadays. I got mine a few years ago, and while it wasn't common, there were still a few copies around.

Hexisle I have no idea where to get. I would be interested to know as well...

Believe it or not, I just found a hardcover in new condition with cd on ebay for $2.50. So, $6.97 with shipping and tax. We'll see what I get. :lol:

Looks like Cosmic Osmos Hex Isle is available at the moment on Amazon.
Claidi Song

Postby Deledrius » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:28 pm

Claidi Song wrote:Looks like Cosmic Osmos Hex Isle is available at the moment on Amazon.

Cyan should add that to their new online store.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby gchaser » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:20 am

I am thrilled to see these Four New Ages.....!

Is there a suggested/preferred sequence of which age to visit first?

Thanks,

gchaser
gchaser

Postby melvin » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:35 am

If you are playing offline there is more info in the sav folder read me. If not then Palamary Bay is the main age, this age contains a linking stone to the Ruins of Azmar which is your goal distination. Myst Refuge is the next important age, it contains a safe that needs to be opened, two shells with a safe code are in this age, the other three are in Peridia.
melvin

PreviousNext

Return to Building