Sharing a PRP file between two Ages

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: Sharing a PRP file between two Ages

Postby Sirius » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:31 am

Deledrius wrote:Drizzle is a program... so I'm not sure what you mean.

Bah, Drizzle is the main program for accessing the UAM database, which is a source of confusion. Might as well let people call it whichever way they prefer IMHO...

Deledrius wrote:IIRC, basically the only thing that multiple Ages have access to for sharing information is the player's Personal Age SDL and Chronicle nodes. It's not ideal, because it overloads the Personal Age as storage for other Ages, but most importantly it's not multiplayer-friendly; the player has access to their own Chronicles, but other players do not, and strictly-speaking Ages never communicate, it's players whose scripts are running within a specific Age. The game doesn't really have a good provision for a player to act on information from another Age, and especially not one that isn't a personal instance.

Oh yeah, don't get me started on it...
Show Spoiler
Sirius

Postby Aloys » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:14 pm

On the EoA version of Plasma, you can access each SDLs across Ages really easily, but on PotS it's impossible.

Then how do the Relto Pages work? You do get them from a separate Age. I guess it must be something different altogether.
Aloys

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:46 pm

There is a special script for accessing the Personal age SDL file. You can access the SDL of any age you own quite easily. Of course, the behavior of this mechanism is highly implementation dependent, so coder beware...
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Previous

Return to Building