Korman - random animation

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Korman - random animation

Postby ametist » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:10 am

Me again :) with Another question - I have an object with three different animations I want to be played randomly when entering a region. Is this possible? Or should I have three objects, each with one separate animaton, enabled randomly? I think there is one or another global python script to handle random things, but I am not at that stage yet. Just want to know how to set it up for now.
ametist

Re: Korman - random animation

Postby Deledrius » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:25 am

Off the top of my head, I'd say the best way is to have a single object, with multiple states. Have those animations be triggered by a responder that activates on the state, and just randomize that state value.

The Integer State List Responder script is probably what you want to use, in a Python File node.

The existing randomizer is boolean only, for handling whether an object (like the bahro stones) are visible), but it should be trivial to create something similar for your needs.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby ametist » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:53 am

Thanks Deledrius! I will use it as is then, one object with three animations. I will also look further into those python scripts when the time comes, thanks again! :)
ametist

Postby Deledrius » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:21 am

ametist wrote:Thanks Deledrius! I will use it as is then, one object with three animations. I will also look further into those python scripts when the time comes, thanks again! :)

Fortunately, the cool thing about the Global scripts is that you don't have to worry too much about the insides of the script, you just plug things in and let them handle the magic. As time permits, I hope to add example node trees for common cases. When you get to needing this one, let me know.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Return to Building