Should I use my old age sequence prefix?

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Should I use my old age sequence prefix?

Postby ametist » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:24 pm

I have some age sequence prefixes registered in the list, but that part of the list can not be edited - I have no agenames there - on the age sequence prefix site. So do I chose a new prefix from one of the green available slots instead?
ametist

Re: Should I use my old age sequence prefix?

Postby Sirius » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:12 am

Which list are you using ? The Wiki's list should be editable by anyone, and I think it's the official one now. (Unless there was a new one made on OpenURU or similar ?)
There was another list hosted by Dustin IIRC (on dustbird.net), but that was long ago and it should not be used anymore.
Sirius

Postby Dulcamara » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:10 am

Sie können Diafero fragen, er wird Ihnen sicherlich helfen und Ihren registrierten Sequenzpräfixen einen Agenamen geben :-)
Dulcamara

Postby ametist » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:32 pm

Thanks Dulcamara, I will ask diafero. I have unused registered prefixes in the old list , 10263-10265, and that part of the list is not editable. There are prefixes in the rage 100-9999 that are free to use.
ametist

Postby Aloys » Fri May 01, 2020 2:46 am

My Ages prefixes still use the old Alcugs list; from like 2006.. :?
Aloys

Postby diafero » Sun May 03, 2020 10:18 am

The old Alcugs list has been migrated to GoW, so you should be good Aloys. :)

ametist, welcome back! We declared that part of the list as "not editable" because, at least for some time, it was managed in parallel by the ULM (Uru Library Manager) database. As far as I know, that database is dead. We still don't reserve new prefixes in the ULM range (there's enough free space around it), but making use of your already existing reservations in that range is fine.

(Übrigens spreche ich auch deutsch, falls dir das lieber ist. ;) )
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Building