Blender Age Scene Seperation

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Blender Age Scene Seperation

Postby J'Kla » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:50 am

I am aware this may exist in another thread feel free to poke me at the right location.

As you are probably aware I have built a couple of rambling ages and with my Primary one Enobmort I am in the process of reworking this using Korman.

I would like to break this age into sections and have so far been using object names to group stuff as well as layers obviously limited to 20 in Blender 2.79 and not exactly creative naming.

I have been looking at the Scene option and while I can divide up the model based on these scenes I was wondering is there some way to export the Plasma model from an age split up in this way.

I vaguely remember if we grabbed the Cyan ages and ported them into Blender it divided the bigger ages up on a Scene by Scene basis I am thinking particularly of the city. I request that you keep in mind that I may be so far addrift here that I am unable to see the surface never mind dry land.

I was also considering the subworld scenario but there seems to be a sparceness of information on the Wiki (as in the section of the Wiki - Korman:Updating_From_PyPRP#Subworlds states that "Subworlds have been enabled in Korman. A tutorial for this will be added soon")

I am aware that soon is relative and, that at this time, this current value of soon exists outside my current frame of reference. ;)
J'Kla

Re: Blender Age Scene Seperation

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:33 pm

I have never tried exporting an Age that uses multiple scenes in Blender. I can't think of any reason why it shouldn't work, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work. If you try doing this, make sure that each scene uses the same world datablock--the Age's settings are stored on the world datablock.

J'Kla wrote:I was also considering the subworld scenario but there seems to be a sparceness of information on the Wiki (as in the section of the Wiki - Korman:Updating_From_PyPRP#Subworlds states that "Subworlds have been enabled in Korman. A tutorial for this will be added soon")

Subworlds are used to facilitate avatars riding animated platforms (eg elevators) and modify magnitude and direction of gravity. They do not help with scene organization.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby J'Kla » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:17 pm

I did try just breaking the age into scenes and that did not work. Just as you surmised.

I am presuming the World data block is the window under Plasma Age where you have the age Sequence Prefix and Epoch and Day Length

My age I am testing with is in a single Blender file and all of that Plasma age data is the same it only exports the currently active scene.

Note: I will be doing a couple of experiments and let you know how it goes.

It all stems from trying to play with lighting.
J'Kla

Postby dendwaler » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:55 am

May be you can assign all objects in a scene to a different "pagenumber" .
then export each page separately and finally combine them into one age again.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby J'Kla » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:55 am

I remember partialy figuring out page numbers and then fogetting how to do it is there a tutorial somewhere so that I can plough through the process of re larning.

I can see and remember how to create a page number but I am buggered if I can remember where an object stores that information.

Plus is there some way of looking at a page and see what is alocated too it becuse I think I am getting some ghost artifacts because I deleted or renamed an object but the page still thinks the object exists.

Note I think I am having some form of early onset of senility.

[Edit]
As usual I go looking for something else and fall uppon the original post where I was told about Page Allocation Doh!

What I am looking for now is a way of putting the Page into Outliner or something similar and have it show me all of the objects assigned to that page

Also a way to then Jump to that objects proporties and just delete it and be confident that the Page no longer thinks that object data block still exists.

dendwaler suggested that exporting the page data seperately was an option. Is this an Option? If so how does one go about doing that?

[/Edit]
J'Kla

Postby Doobes » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:01 am

So a few things to help you out (if I'm understanding correctly):

To assign objects to multiple scenes in Blender:

You'll need to add the scene or scenes you want and rename them to your preferences.

Next, select the object (or objects) you'd like assigned to that scene, press Ctrl+L, click "Objects to Scene", then select the scene to which you'd like to assign them. I believe you can do this for as many scenes as you'd like.

To Assign objects to various Pages in Korman:

First, you'll need to add the page(s) you'd like to split your Age into in your World window and name them appropriately. If you're picky about page numbers, you can set those too, but Korman usually does that automatically.

Next, make sure you have the Tool Shelf up in the 3D View (press T in that window).

Here, you'll see some options for Page assignment.

To assign objects to a Page, select each object you'd like to assign, press the "Move to Page" button in the Tool Shelf, then select the Page you want.

To select objects already assigned to a Page, press the "Select Objects" button below the "Move to Page" button, then select the page. This will highlight all objects currently assigned to that Page.

Hope this clears things up.
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby J'Kla » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:14 pm

Thanks Doobes
J'Kla

Postby Aloys » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:50 am

I remember when I worked on Ahra Paths, that insanely huge Blender file, I didn't use Scenes at the time.. That would have saved me so many headaches.. :? (in fact I ended up entirely separating it into several distinct Blender files according to pages numbers..)
Aloys

Postby Doobes » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:00 am

Aloys wrote:I remember when I worked on Ahra Paths, that insanely huge Blender file, I didn't use Scenes at the time.. That would have saved me so many headaches.. :? (in fact I ended up entirely separating it into several distinct Blender files according to pages numbers..)

Indeed. I still have mine for shell 114, in fact (which hopefully I'll finish someday). We've come a long way since then, haven't we? :)
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby Aloys » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:40 am

We have indeed. But these days I've started diving into Blender 2.8 and I feel like I have to re-learn everything again. :o
Aloys

Next

Return to Building