Light baking in Korman

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Light baking in Korman

Postby J'Kla » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:09 am

I have just started some experimentation with lighting and to that end I have built a small age to experiment.

I have been following the Korman Wiki re Lighting and I have noticed that the screen shots don't appear to match what I am seeing.

I am using spotlights to light small modular areas and was wondering if anyone has any info on how to handle this.

What I would like to do is make a master spot light and have all of the other lights in the age effectivly respond to that master so if I change the Spot shape size (angle) on the master the rest of the lights follow suit.

I was also looking for information on giving the resulting spot a fuzzy edge and have my avatar cast a shadow based on the light.

NOTE: I may come back to this because I am neck deep in experimenting with this stuff

Mod Notes:
- Split from an unrelated 4 year old topic.
- Removed offensive language.
J'Kla

Re: Light baking in Korman

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:36 am

J'Kla wrote:What I would like to do is make a master spot light and have all of the other lights in the age effectivly respond to that master so if I change the Spot shape size (angle) on the master the rest of the lights follow suit.

You can achieve this by attaching a single Blender lamp datablock to multiple Blender objects.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby J'Kla » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:24 am

Tsar Hoikas wrote:You can achieve this by attaching a single Blender lamp datablock to multiple Blender objects.

Blender lamp datablock?

Is there a tutorial on how to do that?
J'Kla

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:54 am

J'Kla wrote:Is there a tutorial on how to do that?

I'm sure the Blender manual will be helpful in learning the ins and outs of rudimentary Blender functionality. In the meantime, you can accomplish this specific task by selecting all the lamps you wish to act together and link them by pressing Ctrl+L, and then choosing Object Data. You can see this in action with mesh objects here.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby J'Kla » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:12 am

Thanks for that pointer to the [Ctrl]+[L] and while I do understanrd that there is loads of stuff in the manual that can be helpful I am also aware that there are a lot of Blender options that don't work under Korman.

Just as an example I am exploring lighting and a Hemi light would be perfect for lighting my age ony to find on export that it tels me it is not supported.
J'Kla

Postby J'Kla » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:06 pm

I wish to make it clear that I have asked Adam to remove the "-Removed offensive language" from my first post.

Note : I accept the suggested changes but I wish to point out that the percived offence was firstly an itentional use of an historic language pairing, and as I stated in a PM exchange I consider this as a subjective offence rather than an objective one.

I am not stating that I do not accept his suggested changes,

I am taking offence that the languge was removed because it was offensive.

Telling my peers on this forum that I had language removed because it was offensive I find deeply hurtfull.

I am not in the way of littering my posts here with profanity.

If anything the language at this time my be interpreted as politicaly incorrect.

This is obviously not the place to discuss this. So to that end I would like to just make it clear that the "-Removed offensive language" is in this context Deeply Offensive.
J'Kla

Return to Building