Korman and vis regions?

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Korman and vis regions?

Postby ametist » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:14 am

Is there a way to create visregions with korman? ( My little age are growing ;) ) I can not find a modifier for it and I could not find anything in the wiki?
ametist

Re: Korman and vis regions?

Postby jkcui1687 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:17 pm

I also couldn't find a good wiki, but I did find this in the mods:
~JKC
jkcui1687

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:29 am

In lieu of a proper tutorial, here are some admittedly terrible text directions on how this works.

Vis Regions use the same basic pattern that is used in reflecting objects, as seen here. The "Visibility Control" modifier needs to be set to "Normal" and have a Soft Volume defining the volume in which the object(s) should be (in)visible. Protip: Korman will help you out on this if you use the soft volume object as the visibility control. For each object you want to be controlled by the vis region, you need to add the "Visibility Set" modifier and point it to the "Visibility Control" of the vis region.

Side note, while Doobes was working on the GoMePubNew Age, he found a bug with soft volumes in Korman 0.09 that can cause Vis Regions to behave incorrectly. It's fixed in 0.10, which should be appearing in the next few days.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby ametist » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:48 pm

Thanks, jkcui1687 and Tsar Hoikas! I get it now! A question though - if I already have a soft volume acting as a light volume, can it also be set as a visibility control? Or should there be two regions?

Side note, while Doobes was working on the GoMePubNew Age, he found a bug with soft volumes in Korman 0.09 that can cause Vis Regions to behave incorrectly. It's fixed in 0.10, which should be appearing in the next few days.

I am looking forward to the new version :).
ametist

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:28 am

That should work just fine, keeping in mind the bugged soft volumes in 0.09 ;)
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Return to Building