A Little Help With Setting Up

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

A Little Help With Setting Up

Postby Eh'ko » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:11 am

I would very much appreciate some help setting things up so that I can begin building and testing my own Ages again if possible.

1. I have downloaded and installed URU:CC from GOG and got as far as obtaining my Relto and KI from Gahreesen.
2. I have installed Korman for Blender 2.79b and completed the first tutorial for building an Age.
3. I have installed the Offline KI files (manual method).

Now I'm stuck... in-game, the KI functions differently than when I first collected it. I cannot toggle using F2 properly, the full overlay doesn't appear at all and when I type any commands into the console nothing appears to happen. Not sure what I've done wrong. I've re-installed URU:CC and everything is back to a fresh install.

What process should I now follow to be able to test the tutorial Age exported from Blender using Korman?

Thanks,

-: D'eux :-
Eh'ko

Re: A Little Help With Setting Up

Postby ametist » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:23 pm

Instead of manually installing the offline KI, you should be better of by using Drizzle and letting it install the KI. Then you can easily visit you own exported age by just type the command /link <your agename> from inside your URUoffline.
On the wiki page - 'Ages - Creating ages' - you can find how to get and install Drizzle.
ametist

Postby Eh'ko » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:36 am

Thank you ametist for the reply, and you are correct, using Drizzle to install the offline KI has worked perfectly and I am now able to test a simple Age created in Blender.

-: D'eux :-
Eh'ko

Postby ametist » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:40 am

Great! Good luck with your building, I hope we will get to visit your age some day :)
ametist

Return to Building