korman011a - strange things happen

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

korman011a - strange things happen

Postby ametist » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:51 am

Finally took the leap and migrated to 0.11a and need advice regarding how to fix some issues. I found that transparent objects with animation were all black - I can fix that with using en empty instead(but a tedious work, there are some... ;)), other animated objects went very dark, guess I can use emptys(proxys) for those too?

But areas with lightmap textures went very much darker, what would be the best fix for that?
The most strange is this though, from a certain angle the objects loose their vertex color. First image is korman0.11, next is korman 0.11 from another angle, third image is korman0.10
k010_k011.png
k010_k011.png (69.07 KiB) Viewed 6622 times
The objects are not lightmapped, just vertex coloured. I hope it is visible that the korman 0.10 image, the bottom one, has better colours.

But in this room the tables, benches and shelves have lightmap textures on them, as the room itself has, and they all turn white? Top image korman 0.11a, bottom image korman 0.10. What can I do to fix that?
ko10_k011_green.png
ko10_k011_green.png (81.22 KiB) Viewed 6622 times
ametist

Return to Building