Legacy of the Intangibles

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Legacy of the Intangibles

Postby SereneTiki » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:23 pm

Shorah, Explorers!

I don't think I could really pursue using the assets of the Intangibles without Max. I could only get meshes into Blender/Korman. I put some textures on Rebek and tried to make sense of errant geometry. It's certainly a spectacular setup. It's incomplete and internally contradictory in places. So, here's a first look at some Intangibles assets.

This is a link to my Blender/Korman file for Rebek. It exports to the test1 age, ID 240.

https://app.box.com/s/h2we0edx9ufyksf6j2hz3ueiwnqc02ex

TikiBear
SereneTiki

Re: Legacy of the Intangibles

Postby Aloys » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:21 am

Nice! Thank you for that. Somehow i hadn't thought of importing the max files into Blender.. >_> Now Blender doesn't import max files itself, but there's a number of free tools that can do that. A quick Google search led me to this tool that can convert max files to fbx that can then be imported in Blender. I guess some stuff is lost in the process, but for the most part it works. It didn't import *all* the scenes, but most of them. (the big Kahlo arena fails, bummer).
Aloys

Postby SereneTiki » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:16 am

I used that tool to extract obj files. It's a bit better than the fbx extractions, but still not much data other than geometry. Extraction of obj files also fails with some max files.

TikiBear
SereneTiki

Postby Sirius » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:38 am

Rebek is awesome. With some texturing it's a bit easier to look at, thanks !

Aloys wrote:It didn't import *all* the scenes, but most of them. (the big Kahlo arena fails, bummer).

Oh, that's normal, 3dsMax 7 itself has issues with a bunch of files. The arena is okay in my experience, but one of the Hive files crashes Max when exporting to FBX. And a few of the older DiRT files outright crash Max when opened.
And even Max can't export Cyan's materials, it seems. Annoying.
Sirius

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:23 am

At some point early in the Plasma 2 development cycle, the way PlasmaMax handled materials changed drastically enough to need another plugin to convert the max materials to the new format.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby SereneTiki » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:59 pm

Shorah, Explorers!

At this point everyone has had a chance to look at Rebek. I am removing my file from the server.

Tikibear
SereneTiki

Return to Building