The Maintainers Gateway

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: The Maintainers Gateway

Postby RubyQ » Fri May 06, 2022 1:05 am

melvin wrote: Well spotted Rubyq; missed that bug.

Oh, PLEASE don't fix that whirlpool "feature"! It's a pretty cool place to explore, even if it leads nowhere. Really, overall there's nothing you need to fix. The few places where there are missing colliders don't affect the gameplay. If my vote counts, please focus on Western Teledahn instead of cosmetic stuff for the Gateway.

And I finished the age earlier today... that bridge button was a humdinger to find! But afterwards it was just a question of putting in the miles, as you say. Thanks again!
Anitochka
Deep Island KI 00385901
MOULA KI 09140118
RubyQ

Postby melvin » Fri May 06, 2022 8:55 am

A quick note for the two people who downloaded the door demo file from mediafire. I just updated the download, your version has some strange collision error the gate door I just fixed it!
PS...Got it to work in my test age too, simple mistake I spotted.
Last edited by melvin on Sat May 07, 2022 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
melvin

Postby Maroonroon » Fri May 06, 2022 9:35 am

melvin wrote:It all turned into a nightmare, in the end it was unclear if the problem was ever solved.

Hi melvin.
It was and stayed a nightmare.
I since converted all my .blend files to use them with Korman, so, I definitively left AlcScript.
Maroonroon

Postby melvin » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:28 pm

Quiet these days on this forum isn't it; makes you feel like your talking to yourself at times. Still I've found some time to update the Maintainers Gateway; the download link now points to version two. Changes include missing collision fixes, some extra detail, a camera on the swing bridge button & SDL states on moving objects. I would recommend you delete any save game before playing.
melvin

Postby Théodore » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:37 pm

Summer down time or 2022 down time. Thanks for the update!
Théodore

Postby melvin » Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:25 pm

A new version of the Maintainers Gateway..V3 is now available. Main new feature is an Easter egg hunt; read the DRC journal for more info...enjoy.
melvin

Postby Théodore » Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:07 am

Thanks a lot melvin for the update!

I always been a fan of your ages since day 1. I'm not sure when you wrote about your back pain in the first post as it was edited several times already. I hope everything works out for you and you can find time to work on Western Teledahn.

As the winter is persistent in my location and I'm not going out today because of the extremely low temperature, I will try to solve that Easter Egg.

Cheers!
Théodore

Postby melvin » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:21 am

Seeing as it's Christmas & there is not much cheer about I'll let you all have the latest enhanced version of the Maintainers Gateway; now at V4. This optimised build includes some graphical improvements including nebula night sky, smoke & animated fires, improved lightening effect in the stormy area, banners & carpets, scattered ruined books, new touch panels, crystal envmaps, imager & some interesting pivoting sprite trees. I will try & get this on Deep Island if I can get an answer from Diafero; seems busy with other things these days. Note...when tested this link opened an internet page for Opera GX a browser for gamers, just hit 'x' button.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wergy6tt ... 4.zip/file

On another note, does anyone have a problem with windows 10 where the game camera snaps back to the centre when you try to look around while holding the right mouse button.
Attachments
Gateway.jpg
Gateway.jpg (238.43 KiB) Viewed 5583 times
melvin

Previous

Return to Building