This is gonna sound lame, but...

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

This is gonna sound lame, but...

Postby Kierra » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:42 pm

My dog ate my homework.

Well okay, no, my dog actually did step all over my keyboard while I was in Blender....and god, was it a snarled mess. :o

He's a chihuahua, so he hit a LOT of keys.

I actually managed to fix most of everything, but one thing so far still eludes me...

How do I make objects I select show a pink outline around them? It's turned off now, and I'd like to turn it back on.

It used to have that set as a default setting, so I just never bothered to find out how to turn it off and back on again. I have no clue what its even called, so I have no idea where to even look in the blender manual....so I was hoping someone here would know how to fix it so I wont have to spend hours scouring the blender wiki going "what the hell is it called???"

And short of punching random keys I have no idea how to fix it.... Image

Thanks!

~Kia
Last edited by Kierra on Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kierra

Re: This is gonna sound lame, but...

Postby Paradox » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:10 pm

view -> view properties -> Outline Selected

I didn't even know that there was a hotkey to turn that off :shock:

and sorry Kierra, but reading about your predicament had me rolling on the floor for five minutes :lol:
Paradox

Postby Kierra » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:15 pm

oh thank you! I would have never thought to look there

And yes, once I stopped having a panic attack over my poor blender program, I found it quite amusing too.

Even more so now that I have pink outlines again. :D

I'm sure as time goes on I'll find other things that have gone haywire that I've missed, but so far i've fixed all the obvious ones.

Thanks again!!

~Kia
Kierra

Postby Kato » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:39 pm

Very sorry that you had to go through it, but here's a solution I use:

Save incrementally. Never save over anything. Every time you save, save a new file with a different number at the end. This way you can revert to the most recent save in case anything happens. If you have strict space requirements, then delete the oldest 10 every time you get 20 or something like that.

It works :) Might not have been a perfect solution to your problem (such as: how long had it been since you'd saved anyway?), but, it works for a lot of things, like if you mess up on something and don't realize until a few saves and a few too many steps to undo later. ;)

-Kato
(explorer card designed and created by me)
Kato

Postby Jojon » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:45 pm

Kierra wrote:My dog ate my homework.

Well okay, no, my dog actually did step all over my keyboard while I was in Blender....and god, was it a snarled mess. :o
Sorry, but I just have to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fBcjHq9rv0 :7
Jojon

Postby Kierra » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:19 pm

LOL cute vid Jojon :lol:

Kato:

Yah, I learned the save method after Blender decided to start crashing randomly. Usually it would have been OK, but I had just spent a good portion of time modeling a complicated object and hadn't saved since the beginning. It was either loose quite a bit of work or attempt to unsnarl the mess.

:)

~Kia
Kierra

Return to Building